What movie are you watching?

Forge

Just watched Stallone's director's cut of Rocky IV, Rocky IV: Rocky vs. Drago.

It was a big improvement. Not as much cheesiness. Slightly better understanding of Drago's character. More depth to the Rocky-Apollo friendship. Duke and Adrian were given a few more lines to add to their perspectives and stories. A good speech by Rocky at Apollo's funeral. No robot. 

He cut a few scenes and moments that I don't agree with though. No interaction between Apollo's and Drago's wives before their fight. No intense staredown between Rocky and Drago as Creed dies. Still some pacing issues.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Scream has been a dead franchise for me ever since Scream 2

I actually find them really enjoyable. They’re absolutely overrated, and people still don’t understand they’re satire, but I really enjoy that franchise.

• Like 2

scream 6 was one of my least favorite theater watches in a long time. i like meta ****. charlie kaufman is probably my favorite script writer/director. but when meta **** is done to the level that it's done in this and like deadpool it just feels incredibly hokey to me. it's no dig at anyone that likes it; i enjoy a bunch of dumb **** like joe dirt or whatever. but nothing turns me off more than that. throw a bunch of winks to the audience with cliches everyone is aware of. feels like they're dissing their audience by like giving the illusion of a challenging watch because you have to be kinda have some previous knowledge, but it's really just a bad movie, but it made you feel like you were part of the in-crowd or whatever because you got some references. that's the kind of meta **** i don't i like. beyond the ethos of the film, every character in this movie is a who gives a **** character imo. they're all bad. every new character is terrible. their dialogue... i mean i dunno man lol. i was watching with a homie and turned to him like 20 minutes and was like "holy **** this ****in sucks, right?" and he's like "yeah let's get the **** outta here", but we stayed lol. the formula for the franchise is so tired at the point and there's so little deviation from film to film. it's boring. they never offer anything new. even in other ****ty horror franchises there's fun new ways they **** it up. this is just the same ****. just with new ****ty characters that say the worst lines of dialogue the entire time. 

i love horror franchises. i love ****ty horror franchises. they're a blast. this movie, to me, is boring trash that has zero redeeming qualities. the scene in the gas station where ghostface is trying to find jenna ortega and her sister and he's like smashing dudes, that was pretty cool, some nice tension, it was cool to see like some ******* michael myers smash-energy from a ghostface for a change. but yeah man this is a big-time pass for me. with that being said i'll be watching scream 7. 

i saw the new bobby farrelly movie champions today and had more laughs in that than i've had in a movie in a while. first hour of the movie the hit rate on jokes was super high. i laughed out loud like 10-15 times in the first hour which is pretty crazy. the 2nd half didn't hit as hard for me. went from being joke-focused to feeling-focused, which was to be expected but it killed the momentum because the money in this movie was the jokes. started to feel the run time. it's crazy how like every farrelly brothers movie is very obviously like 20-25 minutes too long for the movie, but they just keep doing it over and over lol. 

woody harrelson, elizabeth olsen and the kids were all fantastic. good fun time. hour-in i was thinking this might be my favorite farrelly brother movie, but it did kinda lose a little steam. still worth a watch imo there's some great jokes and i had a weird happy tear up at an outkast "hey ya" needledrop for some reason. left the theater in a good mood. 

• Like 1

also went to the bar and got day-drunk and then went to see women talking. bought some beers at the theater and was just crushing them (when i say i was crushing beers, i drank two tall boys and was pretty smashed, so maybe not crushing). walked in late and just kept "cheers-ing" the homie i was with. had no idea what they were talking about, think the first 10 minutes were really important and if you miss that then you just don't know what's going on. didn't like it, but it was probably good. 

• Like 1

Infinity Pool had a great idea, and I was invested for the first half.  This movie falls apart in the second half.  The movie also doesn't go deeper than what it did, although it felt like it was going to go deeper.  A lot of twists are predictable, and this movie doesn't answer questions that you'll likely ask.  Great idea, solid first half, but it gets worse as it goes on.  5/10