What movie are you watching?

Forge

I saw Shazaam 2.  Went into expecting very little.  Came out of it very happy.

I didn't like the beginning.  Baddies showed up outta no where.  But then the story backtracked and their back story was revealed, in a very good way.

Loved how the young Billy Batson acts older than what he is.  But Shazaam acts younger than he looks.

There was enough forced comedy....that wasn't good.  But enough good comedy that was.

Loved the unicorn reference.

Really liked the ending.

And I like Levi.  There are times when he stops being a silly kid and gets this concrete resolve to him.  Like a kid that knows he's just going to get through this event.  Very determined.  And I like it.

I really enjoyed looking at Lucy Liu.  And I think I would still drink Helen Mirren's bath water.

That being said....first after scene was meh....very meh.  Hated it.

Last one was better.

And I loved the cameo.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I saw Shazaam 2.  Went into expecting very little.  Came out of it very happy.

I didn't like the beginning.  Baddies showed up outta no where.  But then the story backtracked and their back story was revealed, in a very good way.

Loved how the young Billy Batson acts older than what he is.  But Shazaam acts younger than he looks.

There was enough forced comedy....that wasn't good.  But enough good comedy that was.

Loved the unicorn reference.

Really liked the ending.

And I like Levi.  There are times when he stops being a silly kid and gets this concrete resolve to him.  Like a kid that knows he's just going to get through this event.  Very determined.  And I like it.

I really enjoyed looking at Lucy Liu.  And I think I would still drink Helen Mirren's bath water.

That being said....first after scene was meh....very meh.  Hated it.

Last one was better.

And I loved the cameo.

Great to hear... I am excited to see this, but will probably wait until it's on HBO max or something.

As for the bolded... ALWAYS!!!! 

15 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Great to hear... I am excited to see this, but will probably wait until it's on HBO max or something.

As for the bolded... ALWAYS!!!! 

So I want to say you'll lose something if you don't see it in the theatre, but you won't.  

It'll be as good at home as it was in the theatre.

And if this whole Shazaam universe thing goes away, well, they would be wise to keep Levi as Shazaam.  He does a very nice job.  Course, Cavill was a great Superman and that doesn't appear to be stopping them from replacing him, so........

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adamq said:

I need to watch the rest of those movies, damn

I just watched through all of them, including the Creed movies. They're solid. I'd rank them:

Rocky

Rocky Balboa

Creed

Rocky III

Rocky IV: Rocky vs. Drago

Creed II

Rocky II

Rocky IV

Rocky V

Those top 6 being legitimately good movies, with Rocky III being very underappreciated. Rocky IV is good in a very goofy, super cheesy 80s way, but objectively lacking in a lot of areas that the director's cut improves tremendously. I was shocked at how little I enjoyed Rocky II.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

was shocked at how little I enjoyed Rocky II.

I used to absolutely hate it as well. Then after getting married and having kids, I was shocked at how much it resonated with me. Family and having that blessing is close to everything from a perspective standpoint.

Ive been re watching the Pirates of the Caribbean series and man does this franchise get progressively worse. CotBP was great and its been all down hill since then. Still have On Stranger Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales still to watch and i dont think ive seen either of them. Dead Men i know forsure i havent, maybe On Stranger tides. At Worlds End just makes no effin sense to me. lol

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 5:34 PM, Sad People said:

Ive been re watching the Pirates of the Caribbean series and man does this franchise get progressively worse. CotBP was great and its been all down hill since then. Still have On Stranger Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales still to watch and i dont think ive seen either of them. Dead Men i know forsure i havent, maybe On Stranger tides. At Worlds End just makes no effin sense to me. lol

Curse of the Black Pearl is probably a top 5 big screen movie experience for me.  Went in with low to moderate expectations and absolutely loved it.  Dead Man's Chest was a huge disappointment (outside of the score which I really dug) and then At Worlds End was a dumpster fire.  I've probably seen about a third of On Stranger Tides and didn't even bother with Dead Men Tell No Tales.  I had to look up the titles of the last two to even make sure I had it right.  Just an epic collapse of story telling while they were chasing the dollars.  They even had some interesting plot elements, just executed so so terribly.

• Like 2