What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 3/24/2023 at 11:30 PM, seminoles1 said:

The Godfather. What a masterpiece. Hopefully I'll get to watch Part II sometimes this weekend.

I watched those very early in to the covid lock downs and was mad at myself for not watching 10 years sooner. Just perfect

Knock at the Cabin was ok, nothing special.  If we had gotten to know the characters better, it may have been more intense.  Dave Bautista's character and his crew only telling us they have had visions of the apocalypse, and not having us see it does make the guessing game better, but a part of me wanted the movie from their perspective.  This movie is something to watch, but it's nothing to go out of your way to see.  5/10

I just got done watching the unrated M3gan on blu-ray. To put it's simply, it's what the Child's Play remake should've been. It takes some obvious plot cues from Child's Play 2019 (the most obvious being the A.I. doll), only this time, I actually cared about the family, who were handled much better in this, but I will say if you've seen the theatrical, you can tell where stuff was cut and inserted in this. I look forward to the sequels, which one has already been greenlit.

• Like 1

MV5BYzJiYTMxMzAtMmM5Ny00NDQ3LTkwNGYtOTQz

Had a family movie night over the weekend and we watched Puss in Boots: The Last Wish.  I haven't seen the other two PiB movies, but The Last Wish I would say is better than any of the Shrek movies, and I like some of those.  It had some very interesting animation style, Perrito was a great side character, the story worked really well, Bandaras and Hayek have that on screen chemistry that goes way back, even just in voice acting, and it was just very well done.  The beginning lagged at a couple parts, but once the narrative was established, it was fun from that point on through the finish.

A-

I just got done watching Space Jam for the first time in decades on HBO Max. Upon revisiting all these years later, I've come to the realization that it's one of those "guilty pleasure" type movies: deep down, you know it's not good (Tunes rocket-sized plot holes), but you can't help but get a little enjoyment out of. And it still has one of the catchiest theme songs ever to this day.

By all accounts, it's a masterpiece compared to New Legacy, which I still haven't watched yet and don't know if I can bring myself to.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I just got done watching Space Jam for the first time in decades on HBO Max. Upon revisiting all these years later, I've come to the realization that it's one of those "guilty pleasure" type movies: deep down, you know it's not good (Tunes rocket-sized plot holes), but you can't help but get a little enjoyment out of. And it still has one of the catchiest theme songs ever to this day.

By all accounts, it's a masterpiece compared to New Legacy, which I still haven't watched yet and don't know if I can bring myself to.

It’s one of the movies to watch if you’re wanting to feel like a kid again. New space jam wasn’t great. Wasn’t just that lebron is the most hated great athlete ever. They tried to rely on lame gimmicks to reel in the z crowd that didn’t really work. My kids seemed okay with it though. 

Dead Birds is one of the most underrated horror movies.

I’m not saying it’s great. It has obvious flaws, but it deserves for people to at least have heard of it.

One of only like three movies that have effectively blended Western elements with horror.

And it has Michael Shannon in it before anyone knew who Michael Shannon was.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:55 PM, Forge said:

Predestination was much better than I expected it to be. It was also a much different type of movie than I expected it to be

Yeah, that's a wild one. Really damn solid though.