What movie are you watching?

Forge

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Clerks III was the perfect send off to Dante Hicks and Randal Graves. 

Probably his most well written movie..  Cameos were all perfect too

Spoiler

The ending got me for sure.. I teared up when Dante started watching the movie.  I didn't see that coming at all, it was beautifully done. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, adamq said:

Probably his most well written movie..  Cameos were all perfect too

Reveal hidden contents

The ending got me for sure.. I teared up when Dante started watching the movie.  I didn't see that coming at all, it was beautifully done. 

Ending didn’t make sense to me, with the message they were trying to send with Rosario’s character 

33 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Ending didn’t make sense to me, with the message they were trying to send with Rosario’s character 

Randall shows Dante his movie but Dante sees everything as it happened instead of the recreations.... at the end I believe Rosario is just there to lead Dante into the afterlife peacefully.. 

I may be missing something as to what you mean, but I tried watching the ending again on YouTube and got bummed out again so just turned it off 😪   yeah a Kevin Smith comedy gets me to feel these things known as "emotions", but it's a culmination of being a fan of these characters since I was ~9 years old.. and in a not very different reality I am Dante.  If that had happened to my wife when she was pregnant, I never would have done anything with my life and probably would be dead by 40. Even still his resentment and melancholy look at life is very relatable 

4 hours ago, adamq said:

Randall shows Dante his movie but Dante sees everything as it happened instead of the recreations.... at the end I believe Rosario is just there to lead Dante into the afterlife peacefully.. 

I may be missing something as to what you mean, but I tried watching the ending again on YouTube and got bummed out again so just turned it off 😪   yeah a Kevin Smith comedy gets me to feel these things known as "emotions", but it's a culmination of being a fan of these characters since I was ~9 years old.. and in a not very different reality I am Dante.  If that had happened to my wife when she was pregnant, I never would have done anything with my life and probably would be dead by 40. Even still his resentment and melancholy look at life is very relatable 

I always took it as her character telling him and needs to move on, and can’t let what happened prevent him from living a life. But he chooses to just give up, unless I’m interrupting it wrong 

36 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I always took it as her character telling him and needs to move on, and can’t let what happened prevent him from living a life. But he chooses to just give up, unless I’m interrupting it wrong 

Oh yes I forgot about that graveyard scene.. I think that is what she wanted, but it seemed to me he didn't choose to let go and die, just accepted the reality. The Dr made it a point to say how it's less than a 50/50 proposition to make it through one of those heart attacks, and Dante was loving the exact same lifestyle as Randall.. so Randall just got lucky and survived while Dante drew the short straw

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just found out “The Last Kingdom” movie dropped on Netflix today. Will definitely be watching it some point this weekend.

I'm ungodly busy this weekend, but i'm all the way down for some more Uhtred of Bebbanburg when I get a chance.

• Like 1