What movie are you watching?

Forge

Cocaine Bear felt like two different genres that didn't jive well.  It wants to be a 'life is stranger than fiction' movie with laughs all through out, but it also wants to be suspenseful and terrifying.  Some movies can make you laugh one minute and scare you the next.  This movie didn't do that(for me anyway)   O'Shea Jackson was great in this, Ray Liotta(his final film appearance) was good as well.  It's something to watch, but you don't need to go out of your way to see it either.  5/10

Surviving the Game(94) Another 'most dangerous game' movie with a plot pretty much cut and paste from Hard Target.  IceT is a homeless man who gets a job offer as a survival guide.  He soon finds out he's being hunted by rich people who hunt people for sport.  Rutger Hauer, Gary Busey, F. Murray Abraham are some of the hunters.  Hard Target was much better but, this is something to watch, nothing special.  5/10 

beau is afraid. was excited all day to watch. smiled thru the whole thing. thankful people make a few movies that a worth a **** per year. sat as the credits rolled smiling. so much **** happened that my group walked out and we just didn't know where to even begin talking about it lol. beautiful. gonna catch it again in theaters for sure

• Like 2

I sat down and watched Power Rangers: Once & Always purely out of nostalgia (as somebody who hasn’t cared to watch anything past season 3 back in the day when they went Zeo, Alien, Turbo, etc.), it was a nice piece of nostalgia, but also a bit of a letdown. Not (fully) having the big 3 really stung, though 

Spoiler

technically all the original Rangers WERE there. I thought for sure Adam would be the new Green Ranger, but they just dance around Tommy not showing up out-of-gear and JYB is just reduced to a glorified cameo.

There’s some glaring plot holes, too. 

Spoiler

At one point, Rita conveniently and abruptly stops attacking the Command Center, allowing the Rangers to escape in one piece. I was like “WTF?”

Loved seeing the original Megazord again and Billy really kept everything together narratively, though the Megazord battle was a bit of a letdown with not-so-great CGI to boot. Apparently they’ve learned nothing from the first movie going with CGI over toy robot model zords. Seriously. 🤦‍♂️

It was a solid one-time nostalgic watch, but nothing I’d want to revisit. I teared up for the Trini and Tommy tribute at the end, though, R.I.P. Jason David Frank. 😢 Once a Ranger, always a Ranger. 🖖

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I sat down and watched Power Rangers: Once & Always purely out of nostalgia (as somebody who hasn’t cared to watch anything past season 3 back in the day when they went Zeo, Alien, Turbo, etc.), it was a nice piece of nostalgia, but also a bit of a letdown. Not (fully) having the big 3 really stung, though 

Reveal hidden contents

technically all the original Rangers WERE there. I thought for sure Adam would be the new Green Ranger, but they just dance around Tommy not showing up out-of-gear and JYB is just reduced to a glorified cameo.

There’s some glaring plot holes, too. 

Reveal hidden contents

At one point, Rita conveniently and abruptly stops attacking the Command Center, allowing the Rangers to escape in one piece. I was like “WTF?”

Loved seeing the original Megazord again and Billy really kept everything together narratively, though the Megazord battle was a bit of a letdown with not-so-great CGI to boot. Apparently they’ve learned nothing from the first movie going with CGI over toy robot model zords. Seriously. 🤦‍♂️

It was a solid one-time nostalgic watch, but nothing I’d want to revisit. I teared up for the Trini and Tommy tribute at the end, though, R.I.P. Jason David Frank. 😢 Once a Ranger, always a Ranger. 🖖

I’ll be watching it after I get out of work today 

Saw the Mario movie this weekend, it was a pleasant surprise, much better than I anticipated.. I loved all the tiny little references and details they threw in there. My 7 year old was glued to the screen and decidedly put it #2 on his "favorite movies at the theater". Super Pets is still top dog, Bad Guys drops to 3 in case you were wondering 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KManX89 said:

was a solid one-time nostalgic watch, but nothing I’d want to revisit. I teared up for the Trini and Tommy tribute at the end, though, R.I.P. Jason David Frank. 😢 Once a Ranger, always a Ranger. 🖖

Same boat.. Turbo was the last season I really cared about.. May give that a watch if I can talk the kid into it 🔥😂

22 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Rounders for the 100th time . Movie is just so good.

It really is so good.. I have also seen it a bazillion times. It's been a little while though. 

Great cast.. Malkovich kills it as Teddy and Worm is the most despicable person to have as a friend ever. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

It really is so good.. I have also seen it a bazillion times. It's been a little while though. 

Great cast.. Malkovich kills it as Teddy and Worm is the most despicable person to have as a friend ever. 

Prime Mike Damon and Edward Horton, sounds like a good movie 

• Like 2