What movie are you watching?

Forge

11 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Legend-with Tom Hardy

Theres a good movie in there somewhere, but man did they miss the mark. Movie didn’t have a clear identity, and wasn’t sure what it wanted to be. 

Except I’ll never forget the scene where one of the Tom Hardy characters walked in and shot that guy in the forehead and the guy who got shot did that little smile thing as he died.

You’re 100% right. There was a movie in there somewhere. I just don’t know where. All I remember was that scene and how good that Emily actress looked in this movie.

10 hours ago, MacReady said:

Except I’ll never forget the scene where one of the Tom Hardy characters walked in and shot that guy in the forehead and the guy who got shot did that little smile thing as he died.

You’re 100% right. There was a movie in there somewhere. I just don’t know where. All I remember was that scene and how good that Emily actress looked in this movie.

Emily actress did look good but even her character was written poorly. One minute she’s happy with Reggie and then the next scene she basically hates him. And all we get to see the progression is her sitting at home by herself. She knew who she married.

I don’t know what the **** I’m watching.

I don’t know what the **** is going on.

I don’t know if I’m fascinated.

I don’t know if I’m mortified.

I don’t know if I love this.

I don’t know if I hate this.

I don’t know my right ******** from my left ear right now.

But the one thing I know is that every single solitary person has to watch Mad God before they die.

This is non-negotiable.

This is one of the most beautifully bizarre experiences I’ve ever had in conjunction with film as a whole.

This makes Fantastic Planet look like a five year old’s stick drawing of his family.

This is possibly the most beautiful accomplishment I have ever seen in motion picture history.

The only reason Mad God isn’t a 10/10 is because it’s not something I’m watching often. Missed the mark on rewatchability.

It

is very easily a 9/10 and it’s the type of movie that gives me hope film isn’t dead.

Rejuvenating in every sense of the word. This is the type of **** that every single day person interested in visual effects should have playing on repeat on a small monitor mounted on their wall.

Every single frame is an inspiration. I could write an essay on this ****. I think I’m in love.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Cocaine Bear was legitimately awful. Only redeeming quality was the banter making fun of it with my wife and older boys while we watched it.

Im not a big fan of the shaknado type movies that try really hard to be "so bad its good" and try to get a cult following

This movie reeks like one of those

23 hours ago, Forge said:

Frailty is so damn good. 

A movie that time has forgotten just a bit, unfortunately

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

McConaughy had b2b bangers that time has kinda put behind it in Frailty and Reign of Fire. 

So much love for both of you right now.

For an entire year I looked forward to Reign of Fire. It was the most hyped I’d been for a movie since Phantom Menace.

I remember it was The Grand in Bismarck, ND. I went to it with my dad, my cousin and my sister on opening night. I remember thinking it met every expectation. Then I remember seeing its box office return and losing faith in America.

Frailty I watched because of Powers Booth and Bill Paxton being in the same movie again after Tombstone. It was one of those where it wowed; maybe because of low expectations, but… At this point… With how well it’s held up, it was just a great ******* movie.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2023 at 8:29 PM, JohnChimpo said:

There’s a good scene in The End of the Tour where the author David Foster Wallace, played by Jason Segel, picked Broken Arrow to watch at the movie theater. His friends thought it was stupid, and one of them wondered how the author of such a difficult novel like Infinite Jest could love it so much. Sometimes it’s nice to just turn your brain off and enjoy a fun, mindless movie.

I go back and watch it every couple of years. 

Unhinged performance by Travolta. Absolutely love it. His line delivery in some instances is just off the reservation lol

• Like 1