What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

The wife wanted to watch The Invention of Lying.  A few ok laughs, a few decent heartfelt moments, but the movie was largely mediocre to bad.

I remember it and know I have seen it, but literally cannot remember one single thing about it. I can't even remember who was in it.   Gotta google it now to see..

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

Someone here described Meg2 as boring. That is an understatement. The vast over use of GCI makes it a neo-psychedelic hypnotic snooze fest. I'm not even half way through it and I don't know if I can finish.

It really was awful. The way the main villain lady died, might have to go down as one of the dumbest decisions/ lazy writing ever.

They run to the helicopter to avoid the lizard, dinosaur hybrid, and right as they’re about to take off she tells the pilot to get out, and go check the noise she heard. Makes no sense 

Meg2 has Statham riding a jet ski with a homemade spear hunting multiple Megalodons.   

Statham's catch phrase was "See you later, chum" after he fed a rival to a Megalodon.

And ya'll are complaining about how a villain died??

It's an awful movie.  But you knew that going into it.

I found it a very fun movie to just watch.   As in turn the brain off, laugh at how bad it is (like Sharknado) and kill a few hours of your life.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Meg2 has Statham riding a jet ski with a homemade spear hunting multiple Megalodons.   

Statham's catch phrase was "See you later, chum" after he fed a rival to a Megalodon.

I found it a very fun movie to just watch.   As in turn the brain off, laugh at how bad it is (like Sharknado) and kill a few hours of your life.

Ngl thats a really good line

• Like 3

20 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Didn’t want to spent the time complaining about every part in the movie so I picked just one.

Just saw Killers of the Flower Moon. Long but it was still exceptional. DeNiro gives his best performance in years. Like best since Goodfellas probably at least. Leo gave a top 3 performance in his career, Gladstone gave one of the best of the year and Plemmons was scene stealing. Beautiful film with a little bit of everything if you can stand the length

36 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Just saw Killers of the Flower Moon. Long but it was still exceptional. DeNiro gives his best performance in years. Like best since Goodfellas probably at least. Leo gave a top 3 performance in his career, Gladstone gave one of the best of the year and Plemmons was scene stealing. Beautiful film with a little bit of everything if you can stand the length

Would you call it…….Cinema?

I saw Killers of the Flower Moon tonight.  Excellent film, one of the years best.  Leo, DeNiro and Lily Gladstone were all great in it.  Scorsese's direction is spot on as always.  But the fact that this is based on true events, and how messed up a couple people are in it that makes it hard to rewatch.    However, IMO, this is a must see on the big screen.  10/10

Wes Craven's New Nightmare is a solid movie and the second best in the series only behind the original.  The movie within a movie is clever and in a way it's also a behind the scenes of how movies are made.  People say this is a precursor to Scream with it's meta nature.  Personally, I found this to be more clever than most horror/slashers.  7/10

Wish Upon was awful.  A teenage girl get a Chinese wish box that grants 7 wishes.  All wishes come with the death of a person that would be right at home in a Final Destination movie.  Being that this is PG-13, there's little blood and gore.  Also, her wishes were selfish(wanting a hot guy to like her, getting everything from her late uncle, etc)  Avoid this one 0/10

Halloween 2 from 1981  is just ok.  What made Halloween scary was the mood and atmosphere.   The fact that we got to know the characters, and Michael was more in the background, not front and center.  Lots of movies wanted to make their own 'Halloween' movie, but just made cheap generic run of the mill mad slasher movies, which Halloween 2 is.  It's well made, and one sequence I liked was a security guard investigating a strange noise.  This scene has no music, so you don't think Michael is going to attack him, then BAM!   Far from the worst of this franchise, but clearly a few steps down from the original.  5/10