What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Dune... the shields are dumb 

Why do the sand people have guns but nobody else does but they do have rockets?

Be careful… this place isn’t ready to hear about the zillion problems with that movie lol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Be careful… this place isn’t ready to hear about the zillion problems with that movie lol. 

Just off the top..

Spoiler

Mentioned the shields/guns of course. The combat overall just didn't make any sense. Projectiles can only go through the shields if they are going kinda fast? Sometimes a blade will work and sometimes not?

The king knows something is very wrong, sees a probably dead body, and decides to slowly investigate? 

The doctor seems close to the family.. would they not know he's married or his wife is AWOL?

Dave Bautista is not a good actor, he doesn't need to be there and is distracting 

The Dave Bautista legion guys who are tasked with dumping Tim and his mom... they don't want to kill/hurt them because they are afraid of a truthsayer, but then 2 minutes later decide to just dump the boy so they can rape the mom? 

The movie was very slow, which I was fine with, but it was also very predictable and you can spot what is being set up a mile away. So you're really just waiting for the next thing to happen that you know is coming

The audio is a mess. Had to keep the remote close by to hear what people were saying, but then turn it down when the speakers started blasting

....dragonfly helicopters? OK whatever, but there are ships just floating around why not use that tech?

We see multiple times that one of these helicopter things can hold anywhere from 5-10 people... yet the lady wont go with Paul and his mom because there are only 2 seats? Was she just lying?

I actually did enjoy watching this and am looking forward to what the sequel will be.. just not nearly the masterpiece I felt like it was hyped to be. 3/5 

It was quite obvious how much this book influenced sci fi, from the sand worms we've seen in a bunch of stuff, to everything Lucas/Star Wars took.. This is another one where I need to read the book.  Is the 84 movie better?

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, adamq said:

Just off the top..

Hide contents

Mentioned the shields/guns of course. The combat overall just didn't make any sense. Projectiles can only go through the shields if they are going kinda fast? Sometimes a blade will work and sometimes not?

The king knows something is very wrong, sees a probably dead body, and decides to slowly investigate? 

The doctor seems close to the family.. would they not know he's married or his wife is AWOL?

Dave Bautista is not a good actor, he doesn't need to be there and is distracting 

The Dave Bautista legion guys who are tasked with dumping Tim and his mom... they don't want to kill/hurt them because they are afraid of a truthsayer, but then 2 minutes later decide to just dump the boy so they can rape the mom? 

The movie was very slow, which I was fine with, but it was also very predictable and you can spot what is being set up a mile away. So you're really just waiting for the next thing to happen that you know is coming

The audio is a mess. Had to keep the remote close by to hear what people were saying, but then turn it down when the speakers started blasting

....dragonfly helicopters? OK whatever, but there are ships just floating around why not use that tech?

We see multiple times that one of these helicopter things can hold anywhere from 5-10 people... yet the lady wont go with Paul and his mom because there are only 2 seats? Was she just lying?

I actually did enjoy watching this and am looking forward to what the sequel will be.. just not nearly the masterpiece I felt like it was hyped to be. 3/5 

It was quite obvious how much this book influenced sci fi, from the sand worms we've seen in a bunch of stuff, to everything Lucas/Star Wars took.. This is another one where I need to read the book.  Is the 84 movie better?

That's where I was at with it.  Enjoyed it, will watch the sequel at some point.  It wasn't a masterpiece.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I watched My Dinner With Andre yesterday. Some of it was interesting. They talked too fast sometimes.

I watched it a couple years ago and while I don’t mind dialogue-centric movies, I just didn’t like the leads enough to carry the film. But I do respect that they wrote the script as a vehicle for themselves so that they could shine.  It’s what Damon & Affleck did years later. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Would a moron dismiss the cinematic masterpiece of The Monster Squad?

The Monster Squad would be a solid choice if it qualified as a werewolf movie. It does not. Harry Potter has werewolves in it. It is not a werewolf movie. The Monster Squad has a werewolf. It’s not a werewolf movie.

Among movies where A werewolf (or werewolves) is centric to the plot, there isn’t one better than An American Werewolf in London.

From the practical effects to it actually being a genuinely enjoyable movie (not just great effects), it stands in a tier alone.