What movie are you watching?

Forge

11 hours ago, Forge said:

If you asked me for my top five desert Island movies every day for a year, almost famous is on the list far more than every other movie. Every time I watch, it never disappoints. Such a perfect movie

I was just doing a top 10 desert island list in my head on my drive to work lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Forge said:

If you asked me for my top five desert Island movies every day for a year, almost famous is on the list far more than every other movie. Every time I watch, it never disappoints. Such a perfect movie

Primer would be my number 1 so i could keep watching to fully get it

• Like 1

MV5BZmU4NzkwY2UtMzk0MS00YjZmLWE3ZWYtODg0

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen this but it held up. Felt like it def could have used another scene as the running time barely tops 80 mins. One of the more brutal realizations about love for a character sequences I’ve ever seen in a movie (the toughest one was in The Last American Virgin which straight up decimated you at the end lol). 

I just watched the FNaF movie on Peacock with low expectations given the day-and-date release (their last 2 films that released day-and-date have been... not very good, I think you know what I'm talking about) and review embargo lifting hours before release and well, it didn't disappoint. The movie is kinda dull. So much time focused on Mike sleeping (who would've thought THAT would help him piece the "big mystery" together? The writers of this movie!) and just being an all-around boring character. And the Abby and animatronics stuff was convoluted and filled with plot holes, and don't get me started on the aunt's whole motivation for going after Mike, who could've easily been cut out of the movie because she added nothing.

The cop lady, Vanessa (Elizabeth Lail) was hot, though.

The Whale was good but kinda depressing.  Brendan Fraser is great as a morbidly obese man and English teacher who wants to reconnect with his teenage daughter.  BF is great in this.  Well acted and directed, although the movie pretty much takes place in his apartment.  He has a nurse who helps him, yet has no problem buying him meatball subs with extra cheese.  Great movie, but kinda depressing on some level.  Not sure if I want to see this one again.  10/10

Sisu is kinda fun.  Basically a man 'who refuses to die' kills Nazis after they try to steal his gold.  This movie is over the top, the violence, stunts and action get somewhat comedic.  Not much to the story or characters outside of that.  It's kinda fun, kinda entertaining, but it felt very one note.  6/10

16 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Rewatched the apes remake trilogy after the trailer for the 4th one came out. The trilogy as a whole is amazing but the 3rd film, is a tier below the first two. Just think there was a better story they could’ve told for the conclusion.

I've watched the first 2 over the last couple of weeks. Haven't found the 3rd one on streaming, but saw it in theaters. I also remember liking it the least of the 3.