What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 6/25/2022 at 11:06 PM, FinneasGage said:

just watched wild at heart for the first time and it's one of my favorite lynch things. kinda tied with blue velvet for my favorite lynch movies i think. such a fun time. the last 15 minutes was some of my favorite **** i've seen this year 

Wild at Heart is solidly my 2nd favorite David Lynch movie

Probably Lost Highway 3rd

Mullholland Drive totally had me tuned out. Didnt like it outside Naomi watts performance

Eraserhead was interesting but not really rewatchable

I dont think i saw the others

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Wild at Heart is solidly my 2nd favorite David Lynch movie

Probably Lost Highway 3rd

Mullholland Drive totally had me tuned out. Didnt like it outside Naomi watts performance

Eraserhead was interesting but not really rewatchable

I dont think i saw the others

wild at heart was kinda a slog for certain sections, but the ending sequence is just so ******* good. i've rewatched the end like 10 times lol. 

blue velvet is like endlessly rewatchable for me. definitely my favorite lynch, not a tie like i was saying. 

mullholland drive was fun for me. i never rewatched it, but probably will one day. 

lost highway i was bored. i really barely recall anything. 

eraserhead i was just actually like so annoyed by. i get that's the point, but holy **** that was a grueling watch for me.

straight story was good. 

inland empire was absolutely unenjoyable for me. saw it in the theater with a bunch of friends like a year ago and just suffered for 3 hours. 

not the biggest lynch guy. still gotta check out fire walk with me, all my movie nerd homies tell me that's their favorite lynch. just don't wanna watch all of twin peaks honestly. i started that marathon just to watch FWWM, but gave up. think imma just peep the movie soon and like watch some videos or some **** to see what i was missing if anything from the show. 

• Like 1

Just now, FinneasGage said:

blue velvet is like endlessly rewatchable for me. definitely my favorite lynch, not a tie like i was saying. 

lost highway i was bored. i really barely recall anything. 

not the biggest lynch guy. 

Yeah Blue Velvet was the most straight ahead David Lynch movie with keeping the oddball characters and the tension of characters in way over their heads where really anything could happen. Endlessly quotable lines.

Lost highway, i mostly loved it for the music. I got the cd and badametti is glorious. And robert loggia. 

Im not the biggest lynch guy either and mulholland drive wasnt really grounded enough for me. 

On 11/13/2023 at 9:32 AM, Fresh Prince said:

The Killer by David Fincher.

Was a slow burn, and definitely a different take on the whole assassins world. Thought the ending could be better. Probably near the bottom half of his films for me.

I really enjoyed it for the craft, but felt vacant and empty to me. Maybe that's how I'm supposed to feel though. Would fit with the movie. 

BASEketball is absolutely as awesome as it was in 1998. Insane that it was originally written for Chris Farley.

EDIT - Yes I know Matt Stone and Trey Parker re-wrote it for themselves

EDIT #2 - It's equally insane that they only took this movie because they assumed South Park was cancelled LMAO

Edited by beekay414

I put on "A Beautiful Life" because I thought it was mostly a music movie (I can be suckered into movies about making music or just music in general pretty easily...I probably like "Begin Again" more than any rational person should). 

It turned out to be a romance movie as much as a music one. Mostly predictable, but I'm not going to lie... There was a little twist to the grand finale performance and it absolutely caught me and worked. 

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

BASEketball is absolutely as awesome as it was in 1998. Insane that it was originally written for Chris Farley.

EDIT - Yes I know Matt Stone and Trey Parker re-wrote it for themselves

EDIT #2 - It's equally insane that they only took this movie because they assumed South Park was cancelled LMAO

Cannibal: The Musical is still the best thing Trey and Matt ever did. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Cannibal: The Musical is still the best thing Trey and Matt ever did. 

Agreed. I actually almost responded saying this last night. 

"You looking at my eye" is a prominent comedy moment on my teenage years. 

• Like 1