What movie are you watching?

Forge

Silence of the Lambs is a top 100-200 movie ever made.

Not in my own personal top 100, but it’s so profoundly good. It gave birth to an entire sub genre of thriller. Every single movie, Novel, TV series or story involving a serial killer owes itself to Silence of the Lambs.

It is a legit Archetype movie.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Not in my own personal top 100, but it’s so profoundly good. It gave birth to an entire sub genre of thriller. Every single movie, Novel, TV series or story involving a serial killer owes itself to Silence of the Lambs.

Even the movie Speed

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MacReady said:

I just watched it again recently. Never gets old.

42 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I've never seen this but I typically love Affleck directed stuff. Gimme the lowdown. 

It's my 2nd fave Affleck-directed movie after The Town.  Cinematography by the legend Bob Richardson (Inglorious Basterds, OUATIH). I love prohibition based gangster movies and TV so this was right up my alley.  Great cast (Chris Cooper, Brendan Gleeson, Sienna Miller) too. I need to read this book series (I think it’s a trilogy) from Dennis Lehane.  I know the movie didn’t do well at the box office but I love it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It's my 2nd fave Affleck-directed movie after The Town.  Cinematography by the legend Bob Richardson (Inglorious Basterds, OUATIH). I love prohibition based gangster movies and TV so this was right up my alley.  Great cast (Chris Cooper, Brendan Gleeson, Sienna Miller) too. I need to read this book series (I think it’s a trilogy) from Dennis Lehane.  I know the movie didn’t do well at the box office but I love it. 

I love Affleck in general so I'll have to find this. Where'd you watch?

51 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I love Affleck in general so I'll have to find this. Where'd you watch?

I bought the blu-ray after having seen it in the theater.  Not sure if it’s still on Max or not but it’s from WB. Altho I know Discovery purged a lot of content after the merger.