What movie are you watching?

Forge

Just finished watching The Hitman's Bodyguard

Like the rest of those that have already posted about it, I though it was a pretty fun movie that was made by the chemistry between Reynolds and Jackson.

I wasn't a fan of the ending though - from the roof scene onwards which is only about 5 mins admittedly.  

Watched Table 19. 

I have to say, I got a much different movie than the trailer made it out like it was going to be, so my feeling on it is interesting. It was much better than I thought it was going to be based on the preview - I expected a slapsticky rom com based on the trailer. Girl goes to wedding because she's hung up on her ex boyfriend who's the best man, hijinks ensue, she meets a new guy, blah blah blah. And it didn't quite play out like that which was very nice, and much better than what the trailer had shown. That being said, I was disappointed because it didn't live up to where I felt it could have been based on several of the scenes that happen throughout the movie. There were a couple of points in the movie where I thought it was really going to take off and be very serious; open and honest and emotional...and then they would ruin it by throwing slapsticky stuff out there that just ruined it (and almost always at the worst possible time). Comedy? Set at a wedding? Well we just have to have something happen to the cake!!! And we'll put it right after one of the best scenes in the entire movie! That will work! So it was disappointing in that regard - they could have had a really good movie. They could have even kept the quirky characters to break the seriousness....they just didn't need to force some of the attempted slapstick comedy (open conversation about the struggles of a married? Nah, we will avoid that, have her walk off and have him fall several times as he's trying to say goodbye to everyone!). 

I just watched Fracture on Netflix. 

Def recommend this. The dynamic between Ryan Gosling and Anthony Hopkins is off-the-charts in this movie. It kept me constantly on the edge of my seat wanting to see what happens next. The pacing and storytelling was done spectacularly well with no filler or "dull" moments in between.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 6:48 PM, KManX89 said:

I just watched Fracture on Netflix. 

Def recommend this. The dynamic between Ryan Gosling and Anthony Hopkins is off-the-charts in this movie. It kept me constantly on the edge of my seat wanting to see what happens next. The pacing and storytelling was done spectacularly well with no filler or "dull" moments in between.

I actually watched this a couple of weeks ago as well. I had seen it before, but not in years. Definitely a very good movie.