Week 5 GDT - @ Buccaneers

tonyto36

4 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

With Alexander ruled out, and David listed as doubtful, the Patriots should be able to attack the middle of the field tonight, as well as the mismatches with our backs. Predicting a big game from Sweet Feet tonight.

TJ Ward listed as Doubtful. For the sake of injuries, I'm really hoping he's ruled out.

Assuming Gronk plays which is an unknown, the Pats should have no problems moving the ball. 

This game will come down to turnovers, penalties and how many total meltdowns the Pats have on D

2 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Branch didn't travel with the team so he'll be a healthy scratch

Jesus what is going on there. I wish Bill would let something through the net every so often. We should know why one of our best players of last season is a healthy scratch. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Jesus what is going on there. I wish Bill would let something through the net every so often. We should know why one of our best players of last season is a healthy scratch. 

That he's a healthy scratch speaks for itself. He's either out of shape or practicing poorly (or both). He's had issues with conditioning and work ethic before so it wouldn't be shocking if that were the case

3 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

That he's a healthy scratch speaks for itself. He's either out of shape or practicing poorly (or both). He's had issues with conditioning and work ethic before so it wouldn't be shocking if that were the case

Koppen think's it's most likely his shape 

3 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Oh dear.

This is what Allen is for. If he can’t make plays tonight, then there might be reason to be concerned.

Allen is a different type of player. I wouldn't expect him to make plays. He might get a few catches but he's not an impact guy. He's like post-injury Martellus Bennett last year. Solid, if sometimes inconsistent, blocker who can catch a few short passes and might get loose down the seam once or twice.

17 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Allen is a different type of player. I wouldn't expect him to make plays. He might get a few catches but he's not an impact guy. He's like post-injury Martellus Bennett last year. Solid, if sometimes inconsistent, blocker who can catch a few short passes and might get loose down the seam once or twice.

I don’t mean game-changing plays, a la Gronk. I just mean step in and be an averagely productive starting TE. 3/4 catches for 30/40 yards or similar. With White/Cooks/Amendola/Hogan on the field, he should be able to find a couple of soft spots in the zones or get open down the seam. If he and Brady can't connect a couple of times, that would be a sign that’ll he’ll just never “get it”.

Archived