Week 5 GDT - @ Buccaneers

tonyto36

38 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I'm psyching myself up for this one guys. Gilmore will be physical with Evans, and Butler has matched up decently with smaller-ish WRs like Jackson in the past.

Prediction time: The defense will hold the Bucs to just under 30 points!

Jackson definitely going to burn us on a couple of plays.  

James White, carry us to victory <3

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Mayo on the Quick Slants podcast (great listen always) thinks the Patriots need move Hightower back inside to solve the communication issues.

So does Alec Shane on the Pats Pulpit podcast. Also the suggestion that the incessant Chug substitutions is the coaches trying everything out possible to fix the breakdown in secondary. Smacks of desperation. And Harmon also said the defense has been simplified as much as possible as already. Wow.

This must be what the 90% feel like. 

Did you know: Our OL is giving up the fourth most pressures in the league. So, Brady is torching the league with the 4th worst OL and not much of a running game.

Brady really is god. We are going to cry, scream and fit when he goes. 

Having said that, I bet some of those have come from his holding on to the ball.

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Did you know: Our OL is giving up the fourth most pressures in the league. So, Brady is torching the league with the 4th worst OL and not much of a running game.

Brady really is god. We are going to cry, scream and fit when he goes. 

Having said that, I bet some of those have come from his holding on to the ball.

It is definitely not the 4th worst OL in the league.  It's comfortably top 10 IMO.  Scheme and opponents have played a huge part in that.

11 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Mayo on the Quick Slants podcast (great listen always) thinks the Patriots need move Hightower back inside to solve the communication issues.

I'm not entirely convinced.  I think players (Gilmore) need to know what they're supposed to do.  When one player panics and tries to change things last second, it's going to have a cascade effect.  Once Gilmore turns it around, things should hopefully improve.  And we need Hightower to be taking up some snaps at DE.

20 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not really. They couldn't run the ball at all and we got after Eli. We didn't get sacks but we were in his face a lot. McCoy was unblockable.

Yeah sacks never tell the story. I guarantee Tampa Bay will pressure Brady. 

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not really. They couldn't run the ball at all and we got after Eli. We didn't get sacks but we were in his face a lot. McCoy was unblockable.

The Giants couldn't run the ball well if they were going against a 7 man flag football defense 

With Alexander ruled out, and David listed as doubtful, the Patriots should be able to attack the middle of the field tonight, as well as the mismatches with our backs. Predicting a big game from Sweet Feet tonight.

TJ Ward listed as Doubtful. For the sake of injuries, I'm really hoping he's ruled out.

11 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

With Alexander ruled out, and David listed as doubtful, the Patriots should be able to attack the middle of the field tonight, as well as the mismatches with our backs. Predicting a big game from Sweet Feet tonight.

TJ Ward listed as Doubtful. For the sake of injuries, I'm really hoping he's ruled out.

Assuming Gronk plays which is an unknown, the Pats should have no problems moving the ball. 

This game will come down to turnovers, penalties and how many total meltdowns the Pats have on D

Archived