Week 2 GDT - New York Jets vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Alright, week 1 sucked and we had a sloppy performance but unlike last year, we weren't able to pull the game out. Jimmy is usually super clutch but the last two 4th quarters he has played in, he hasn't gotten it done. 

On to the Jets. Honestly, not much to say here. Our defense should dominate and offensively we should be better. I'm hoping Aiyuk plays just to see what the offseason hype was all about and to see how exactly Shanny utilizes him. Aiyuk has the size and physicality to dominate the middle of the field and you better be able to do that if Jimmy is your QB. I'm hoping Kittle is good to go, but if not then Reed need a whole a lot more than 10 snaps. 

I expect a somewhat slow start by the offense but then they pick it up in the 2nd quarter and start looking like the team of last year.

SF 34 NYJ 10

• Like 2

I think we see our defense getting back to its old ways this week. Darnold is not exact light on his feet and the Jets' O-Line is awful. I expect to see our line feasting and wreaking havoc. IMO, the Jets are the worst team in the league with the worst HC in the league. This needs to be utter domination on both sides of the ball. 

Things I'm looking for:

• Aiyuk on the field this week. I want to see him in action. I want to see what the training camp hype is about and I want to see him with the ball in his hands in space. 
  • Kinlaw and Thomas. Kinlaw quietly had a great game against the Cardinals. I was not keying in on him last week and his name was rarely mentioned, but advanced analytics said he was very good. Thomas made some heads up plays and looked alright last week. I want to see these two build off of last week and progress this week against a good matchup for them.
  • McKinnon. This is his redemption tour this year and he's starting off pretty well. There was some rust last week mixed in with some glimmers of hope. I want to see him get the ball more often this week, especially in the passing game. Not dump offs, actual designed plays to him where he can make plays.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Alright, week 1 sucked and we had a sloppy performance but unlike last year, we weren't able to pull the game out. Jimmy is usually super clutch but the last two 4th quarters he has played in, he hasn't gotten it done. 

On to the Jets. Honestly, not much to say here. Our defense should dominate and offensively we should be better. I'm hoping Aiyuk plays just to see what the offseason hype was all about and to see how exactly Shanny utilizes him. Aiyuk has the size and physicality to dominate the middle of the field and you better be able to do that if Jimmy is your QB. I'm hoping Kittle is good to go, but if not then Reed need a whole a lot more than 10 snaps. 

I expect a somewhat slow start by the offense but then they pick it up in the 2nd quarter and start looking like the team of last year.

SF 34 NYJ 10

I actually agree with your score prediction. If the 49ers have problems against the Jets in an empty stadium it might be time to break out the heavy artillery. 

How Japanese rice wine can improve your looks - Japan Today

11 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

BTW, why are we carrying 3 QBs again this year? I don't see why the 49ers are wasting a roster spot with Beathard attached. If Jimmy is out for a while, the season is essentially squashed anyway. Just use the extra spot for another player that could actually have some impact if injuries mount. 

I have a feeling we re-sign Beathard and Mullens walks to find a team that will let him compete for a starting job.

42 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

BTW, why are we carrying 3 QBs again this year? I don't see why the 49ers are wasting a roster spot with Beathard attached. If Jimmy is out for a while, the season is essentially squashed anyway. Just use the extra spot for another player that could actually have some impact if injuries mount. 

Because shanny has the most bizarre love affair with cj beathard. I think he's too stubborn to admit that his hand picked selection bricked terribly, meanwhile scangarellos guy was better and actually a quality backup. 

Okay, it's probably not that. But it feels like that 

2 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

I'm gonna be pissed if Sam freaking Darnold dots up the defense lol. 

I mean that would be a huge surprise. Despite Hopkins big night, Murray had a under 6 YPA. This defense is still very good. It was just his legs and penalties that killed late in the game. Expect the pass rush to look much better this game. 

Very excited to see Aiyuk make his debut. I have a feeling he's going to be targeted quite a bit and Shanny will dial up a deep shot or two for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He had a few impressive moves. The spin move mentioned here and then he almost had a sack around the end zone. He's a force. I thought in the 3rd quarter he had one or two shaky snaps but overall he was much better than Jones/Solly/Givens. Nice start. 

Can't wait to watch him vs a qb who doesn't run.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He had a few impressive moves. The spin move mentioned here and then he almost had a sack around the end zone. He's a force. I thought in the 3rd quarter he had one or two shaky snaps but overall he was much better than Jones/Solly/Givens. Nice start. 

So funny how far apart the reviews have been on Kinlaw. Some say he's tearing it up and some say that he's not ready to play in the NFL. I've never seen such varying opinions on a player.