Week 2 GDT - New York Jets vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Glad I didn't watch the game live, as I would have had a meltdown despite the win. I know most people are dejected, but I'm anxious to see if Shanamullens can do just enough until Jimmy comes back. No Bosa sucks, but what can you do? The defense won't recover from that loss, but maybe they can still be a top 15 unit. 49ers are really going to have to have a lot of luck on their side moving forward. I'm not sure who will suit up for the Giants game, but I'm expecting a depleted roster. Even with Mullens I think the team can win against the Giants. 

BTW Hyder Jr. looked really nice in 2 games. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Downloading the game now. Too bad about all the injuries but nice to get a win. Going to be a long year i think. 

Best decision i have done this year is not buying Gamepass this season not going to be a year think i want to get up in middle of night or early morning to watch the games live. With our rate of injuries is there even going to be a team in 4 weeks time to watch.

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I mean I've read that from a few different people but honestly he was just on his game. Week 1 he was never comfortable and the timing was off on everything. Not much different from week 1 of 2019. It happens, no preseason and shortened training camp so some players come out a bit rusty. There was not one pass he was late on or one read he was indecisive on. Look at how he went through his reads and how accurate he was. For my money, he was inaccurate on only one pass and that was in the end zone to Reed. He was a bit late and behind but that takes crazy timing with the defender right on the receiver. We ran that play against Seattle last season and Deebo gained like 25 yards on it but there was far more room and it caught Seattle off guard a bit. Harder to pull that off inside the five yard line. 

It was against arguably the worst team in the league, but it was just good to see how in rhythm the offense looked. Jimmy will need a whole a lot more of these types of performances when he returns in a month or so when the schedule gets tougher. Ready to see what he can do. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sounding like Tevin Coleman dinged up and getting an MRI. I'd assume that he doesn't play this week just based on that + turf concerns. 

This will be interesting..Jeffrey Wilson / Jet / Hasty, I'd imagine? 

Yes, Wilson likely getting the start and Jet getting sprinkled in while being the 3rd down back. I can't imagine giving Jet more than 10-12 carries. Excited to see what all the Hasty hype was in the offseason. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, Wilson likely getting the start and Jet getting sprinkled in while being the 3rd down back. I can't imagine giving Jet more than 10-12 carries. Excited to see what all the Hasty hype was in the offseason. 

I bet Jet gets the start and is sprinkled in. Wilson and Hasty get a ton of playing time.

Edited by 49erurtaza

On 9/19/2020 at 3:54 AM, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Run game?

Well I had the Jets score right but definitely didn't see the offense coming out like that. Great to see, even if it was the Jets. Most bittersweet blowout you could think of - gutted for Bosa and Solly.

Just need to hope the rest are back within a month or so when the schedule gets really tough

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

1 hour ago, Forge said:

what the **** 

There was an issue with our plane getting there, had to fly out of SFO on a different plane, got to NJ late. The MRI machine broke, plane got hit on the runway leaving, bosa, DJJ, greenlaw, coleman, solly, mostert, garoppolo all got hurt. 

just, wow. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

what the **** 

There was an issue with our plane getting there, had to fly out of SFO on a different plane, got to NJ late. The MRI machine broke, plane got hit on the runway leaving, bosa, DJJ, greenlaw, coleman, solly, mostert, garoppolo all got hurt. 

just, wow. 

On the bright side, from what i have seen, Greenlaw's injury appears to be just a bruise (contusion is what I saw). So that's awesome. It looked bad when he went down.