Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’d hope the Jags are also in the mix. Big time need, would help Lawrence a ton, and they have the resources to pull it off. 

Ertz doesn't really fit with JAX timeline for contention.   better play would be go after Everett or Jonnu Smith in FA and keep the pick for another piece

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Ertz doesn't really fit with JAX timeline for contention.   better play would be go after Everett or Jonnu Smith in FA and keep the pick for another piece

TEs can play a long time. If Lawrence is who many believe he is...it may not take as long as many think for the Jags to be competitive in a pretty weak division. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Are we sure that Goff was viewed as positive value?

I don't know he had negative value if the lions passed on 8oa, fifth round, and Teddy b. 

The 8oa is more valuable than two future firsts you'd expect to be in the 20s. I wouldn't have taken those picks for the niners #12 this year. 

I don't know how Goff has negative value in that equation. If there is one team that would have given him positive value in a trade, it was most likely to be the lions as well

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He was a shell of himself last year. I can't remember a single play with separation from the DB or LB. *(EDIT: Apparently I blanked on his 42 yard play vs Arizona)

• He was clearly the 3rd best TE on the team last year (yes, Rodgers outperformed him badly)

He was also a greedy, whiny, "where's my money!" diva. (if the reporting is accurate)

• The Eagles supposedly offered him a 4 year 44 million extension 2 years before he was a free agent
    • He apparently thinks he's Travis Kelce.

They are not going to get much for him either.

Edited by SkippyX

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Career YPC

• Gronk 15.0
  • Kittle 13.6
  • Kelce 12.9
  • Mark Andrews 13.5
  • Zach Ertz 10.8
  • Austin Hooper 10.3

I loved him as an Eagle. I will always remember that Super Bowl.

Any player on your team who demands to be overpaid is better off on another team.

Reminder that gronk was something else. jeez

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Completely agree. I remember last year when Jets fans attacked me for calling their team a dysfunctional organization. Well...guess what? They are STILL a dysfunctional organization. It starts at the top. Watson going from the Texans to NYJ would be his worst case scenario. 

I think you underestimate the type of leader and communicator Saleh is. He will right the ship from a culture standpoint. Whether or not they win games is a different question, but they won't have the same issues they had before 

Regardless, pretty evident that Watson to the Jets narrative was being floated by Houston. They were trying to get MIA to increase their bid. Watson has a list of teams that includes Miami

21 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Career YPC

• Gronk 15.0
  • Kittle 13.6
  • Kelce 12.9
  • Mark Andrews 13.5
  • Zach Ertz 10.8
  • Austin Hooper 10.3

Any player on your team who demands to be overpaid is better off on another team.

Interesting stat here also.

Gronk 16.0 ypc in College

Andrews 15.8 ypc in College

Kittle 15.4 ypc in College

Kelce 14.8 ypc in College

Ertz 12.8 ypc in College

Hooper 12.7 ypc in College

So something I have always seen when scouting TE’s is to expect their YPC to drop between 1.5-2.5 ypc in the NFL and you can get a good snap shot of how they will perform (now this isn’t a science just a fun experiment) 

Gronk only dropped 1 ypc

It is a more accurate study for TE’s averaging 12.5 yards or higher per catch in College. 

Until you get around the 12 ypc mark in college then it hovers around the 10ish-11ish in the NFL. Like Witten with a 11.7 in college and 10.6 in the NFL for his career. (He was pretty close in his prime to his 11.7 avg in college though)

And this doesn’t really work for WR turned to TE like Waller for example went from 19.0 ypc in college to 11.7 in the NFL so far.

So with this if Pitts stays at TE I will be interested to see if his career ypc ends up dropping from his 14.9 college ypc to 12.4-13.4 ypc in the NFL. Which would put him in that Kelce/Andrews range.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Interesting stat here also.

Gronk 16.0 ypc in College

Andrews 15.8 ypc in College

Kittle 15.4 ypc in College

Kelce 14.8 ypc in College

Ertz 12.8 ypc in College

Hooper 12.7 ypc in College

So something I have always seen when scouting TE’s is to expect their YPC to drop between 1.5-2.5 ypc in the NFL and you can get a good snap shot of how they will perform (now this isn’t a science just a fun experiment) 

Gronk only dropped 1 ypc

It is a more accurate study for TE’s averaging 12.5 yards or higher per catch in College. 

Until you get around the 12 ypc mark in college then it hovers around the 10ish-11ish in the NFL. Like Witten with a 11.7 in college and 10.6 in the NFL for his career. (He was pretty close in his prime to his 11.7 avg in college though)

And this doesn’t really work for WR turned to TE like Waller for example went from 19.0 ypc in college to 11.7 in the NFL so far.

So with this if Pitts stays at TE I will be interested to see if his career ypc ends up dropping from his 14.9 college ypc to 12.4-13.4 ypc in the NFL. Which would put him in that Kelce/Andrews range.

Except Pitts is probably more of a WR than a true TE.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Career YPC

• Gronk 15.0
  • Kittle 13.6
  • Kelce 12.9
  • Mark Andrews 13.5
  • Zach Ertz 10.8
  • Austin Hooper 10.3

I was actually surprised by this list so I looked at players’ career YPC. Tyreek Hill is at 14.6.... so lower than Gronk lmao

On 2/15/2021 at 1:39 AM, N4L said:

I think you underestimate the type of leader and communicator Saleh is. He will right the ship from a culture standpoint. Whether or not they win games is a different question, but they won't have the same issues they had before

We said same/similar things about Todd Bowles - his name is back in the spotlight after the SB, but remember how he was completely ran out of NYJ.

I can't say for certain that Saleh will follow in those same footsteps, but there's a track record here to be mindful of...