Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, JohnCena said:

I mean he did take a team with Mitch Trubisky/Nick Foles as his QB to the playoffs 2/3 times...

Vic Fangios defense took the Bears to the playoffs in 2018 and they somehow made the playoffs last year at 8-8 because the NFC is trash.

They were #21st in offense each of the 2 years they went to the playoffs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Vic Fangios defense took the Bears to the playoffs in 2018 and they somehow made the playoffs last year at 8-8 because the NFC is trash.

They were #21st in offense each of the 2 years they went to the playoffs.

Well i mean look at the QB situation, im surprised they were 21st

4 hours ago, JohnCena said:

I hate this narrative that Aaron Rodgers is a victim of the Packers organization like they've given him no help on offense, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, Top 10 O-Line his whole career (apart from maybe 2012). All that despite them always using their first round pick on defense to give him help on that side of the ball as well.

If he wants out let him go Green Bay, any other QB would be killed for losing 4 championship games in a row, but this dudes hailed has some sort of a victim lmao. 

I mostly agree. But with some exceptions...

- O-line was not great at all in '08 and '09, and then a handful of other years it dealt with injuries, but been mostly extremely strong the last few years (at least as pass blockers, run blocking leaves something to be desired)

- He's had great receivers most of his career except the last three years. 2018-2019 really was been mostly Adams + randos. By 2020 Big Bob emerged as a good TE threat, and Lazard and MVS.. improved. So there was some relief there.

- They used a ton of high round picks on defense over the course of his career, but it didn't translate to good defenses. The defenses he's played alongside have mostly been bad, and in many cases are [i]more [/i] responsible for the numerous memorable playoff losses he's faced. But people tend to cite the very few times where the defense outplayed the offense in the playoffs. It's extremely rare but it's happened, and the Packers have almost always lost when that happens (2010 NFCCG vs. Bears being the exception)

- He shouldn't be criticized for losing 4 NFCCGs, because he didn't lose them, the Packers as a whole did. In all of those, any player, Rodgers included, could have played better. And frankly, in two of those NFCCGs the team as a whole was badly outmatched before the game even started. Everyone knew the Packers weren't going to win. (Falcons 16, Niners 19)

It's like the 90s Bills teams, people criticize them for losing 4 Super Bowls, but also they made that many Super Bowls and despite not winning it all, they are still often held as some of the best teams of their era.

19 hours ago, JohnCena said:

I mean he did take a team with Mitch Trubisky/Nick Foles as his QB to the playoffs 2/3 times...

He lost the Saints game by himself with an idiotic late first half defensive timeout, but let’s blame others there. You can point to clear coaching blunders instead of blaming Trubisky and his good stats when he won games and a Super Bowl MVP.

When the Bears ran for about 52 yards a game during Foles starts was the coach responsible for his teams O-line performance or would you say that’s on the QB?

The 2019 kicker situation was clearly Shula/Lombardi level leadership.