Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It screams Lance honestly, I dont see Fields fitting and they didn't need to come to 3 for Mac Jones.

The only thing that truly keeps me from plunging head first into the Lance thing (and I do also think that he's the most likely selection) is that they have never seen him throw live. Like not at all. Not even at his pro day lol. I've seriously never heard of that. None of their decision makers. No shanny. No Lynch. No Peters. 

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

The only thing that truly keeps me from plunging head first into the Lance thing (and I do also think that he's the most likely selection) is that they have never seen him throw live. Like not at all. Not even at his pro day lol. I've seriously never heard of that. None of their decision makers. No shanny. No Lynch. No Peters. 

I was listening to Mike Florio and he thinks its for Mac Jones. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I was listening to Mike Florio and he thinks its for Mac Jones. 

Hear that from a lot of people. At least 5 or 6 people I have seen peg this as to get Mac Jones.  I get it, and I wouldn't remove him from the equation for sure, but seems really weird to make this move for a guy with no elite traits or anything. He'll be successful with Shanny, I do think that is true...but I think you're leaving a lot on the table with that selection. 

Just now, Forge said:

Hear that from a lot of people. At least 5 or 6 people I have seen peg this as to get Mac Jones.  I get it, and I wouldn't remove him from the equation for sure, but seems really weird to make this move for a guy with no elite traits or anything. He'll be successful with Shanny, I do think that is true...but I think you're leaving a lot on the table with that selection. 

Yeah its extremely weird. I think the only I will rule out is Fields since he just doesn't fit at all. 

13 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

If the 49ers are winning games with Jimmy as the starter, he won't be traded midseason lol. If he looks bad maybe, but then who would trade for him at that point?

Tell that to Jim Harbaugh, Alex Smith, and Andy Reid

10 hours ago, Forge said:

You are leaving a lot of potential on the table for sure, but I think this could feasibly go back to how disconnected fans often are from actual NFL boards. I have this weird feeling Mac is considered top-8 at worst on many boards, while guys like Fields and Lance are going to be in wildly different places on team's boards.

50 minutes ago, Cypher said:

You are leaving a lot of potential on the table for sure, but I think this could feasibly go back to how disconnected fans often are from actual NFL boards. I have this weird feeling Mac is considered top-8 at worst on many boards, while guys like Fields and Lance are going to be in wildly different places on team's boards.

Yeah, that's why I won't remove him from the equation. And it's not like he'd be the first guy that was drafted that without really having elite traits. I never thought there was anything elite about Matt Ryan's physical toolkit, for example. Combine that with Shanny's need to go get his guy at any cost, and I can totally see it. 

My prediction on the QB carousel

1. Jags - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

3. 49ers - Lance (trade up)

4. Broncos - Fields (trade up)

5. Panthers - Jones (trade up)

Pats trade for Jimmy. 

Niners trade a 5th or so for Minshew to be the backup, or opening day starter while Lance sits for a few games (i don't think he'll sit all year). 

With Carolina trading up, Bridgewater probably leaves. I'll predict KC to backup Mahomes

Could see the Steelers, Colts, Texans  interested in developmental QB's like Trask, Mond, or Mills.

Also, all this talk of Darnold being worth a 2nd etc seems purely media driven to raise his value. I'm going to guess he goes for a 4th or 5th. Maybe Seattle as a backup & insurance in case Wilson is traded next offseason? 

Bears roll with Dalton & Foles, WFT rolls with Fitz & Heinecke 

Edited by 49ersfan

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

1. Jags - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

Pats trade for Jimmy. 

Niners trade a 5th or so for Minshew to be the backup, or opening day starter while Lance sits for a few games (i don't think he'll sit all year). 

With Carolina trading up, Bridgewater probably leaves. I'll predict KC to backup Mahomes

Could see the Steelers, Colts, Texans  interested in developmental QB's like Trask, Mond, or Mills.

Also, all this talk of Darnold being worth a 2nd etc seems purely media driven to raise his value. I'm going to guess he goes for a 4th or 5th. Maybe Seattle as a backup & insurance in case Wilson is traded next offseason? 

Only thing I would wonder about is the #5 pick? The Bengals are known for never really trading picks aren't they?

9 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Tell that to Jim Harbaugh, Alex Smith, and Andy Reid

Alex Smith wasn't traded midseason in 2012. He got hurt a few games in, and wasn't traded before the deadline when Colin took his job away. So this comparison doesn't work. 

I can't think of a team that was winning approaching the trade deadline, quality starter gets hurt, backup comes in and plays well if not better, and then the team trades away the starting QB before the trade deadline. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

So the 49ers permanently benched an Alex Smith with a minor injury right after he went

25-27 92.6% 304 yards 4 TDs 0 picks and a 150+ rating in his last 2 games.

They later moved on from him to KC for the younger model.

Are you hung up on the notion that a team might trade its 26.4 million dollar backup QB in-season?

Or is the bit about Jimmy already having experience with the Patriots the tough part?

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

1. Jags - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

Pats trade for Jimmy. 

Why would Carolina trade up in this situation? Miami would almost certainly not take Mac as they have waved that with the trade down.

9 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

While I won’t deny the possibility, the Colts have a developmental QB in Jacob Eason. It’s more likely they bring in a vet QB to either push Eason, or if the PS rules remain adjusted like 2020 they could carry 3 QBs or hide a protected vet QB on the PS 

9 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

1. Jags - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

Pats trade for Jimmy. 

I don't think Denver is trading up; if anything it sounds like we're moving back.   I think it's more likely Carolina trades up to get their guy, though.    If it was any team but ATL, I could see it happening, but that's the only reason why they're not being penciled at 1.4 IMO.