Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

46 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I don't think Denver is trading up; if anything it sounds like we're moving back.   I think it's more likely Carolina trades up to get their guy, though.    If it was any team but ATL, I could see it happening, but that's the only reason why they're not being penciled at 1.4 IMO.

Agreed. I don't think Atlanta wants to move with Carolina, and I think they'd charge us out of the market. I think New England is a team to watch, though.

50 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I don't think Denver is trading up; if anything it sounds like we're moving back.   I think it's more likely Carolina trades up to get their guy, though.    If it was any team but ATL, I could see it happening, but that's the only reason why they're not being penciled at 1.4 IMO.

Ahh, getting that draft capital to trade for Jimmy G. I like it

17 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

That risk point is even more poignant now. Say we traded to 10th, and they're all gone. We've given up draft capital to get a non QB

I can see one path only (see below)

1. Jags - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

3. SF - Fields

- Moving here is an option, but would cost a lot

8. CAR - Lance

9 Denver & 11 Chicago - Jones won't survive these two

So, to get Jones we MUST trade up. Not need - MUST.

the ONLY moves we can do to guarantee a QB is trade to 4th with Atlanta, 5th with Cinci or 7th with Detroit.

My opinion; We won't sell the farm for the 4th pick, Detroit will want to pick there and Cinci will be gunning for Sewell *

So actually, the only path I see is if Sewell is taken by Atlanta, which makes Cinci a trade option as they'd go for the next best tackle available which should be there by 15.

But you know Chicago are thinking the same thing

* of course if they're not actually going for Sewell and wanting, say, Pitts instead - that ruins this theory 

** possibly also a trade with Denver, if they aren't on for a QB

Edited by Hunter2_1

Ehhh I personally don't think Carolina is trading up.  I mean if they really wanted to trade up that bad, they could have beat out the 49ers offer considering they have the higher pick this year.  But they didn't.  

It's more likely the Panthers trade down and see how the Watson situation plays out.  Or that they make a move beforehand for him.  

3 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Ehhh I personally don't think Carolina is trading up.  I mean if they really wanted to trade up that bad, they could have beat out the 49ers offer considering they have the higher pick this year.  But they didn't.  

It's more likely the Panthers trade down and see how the Watson situation plays out.  Or that they make a move beforehand for him.  

They may have tried to, or thought they should wait till draft day but regardless it would be very tough to see the Falcons trading their #4 pick to them, Cincy at #5 has a reputation for not making trades, Miami already moved back up to #6 so you figure they are probably locked in there, so that leaves the Lions at #7

I do believe they would like to trade up for one of the big 4 QBs though. Teddy is a very low end starter

17 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Only thing I would wonder about is the #5 pick? The Bengals are known for never really trading picks aren't they?

Good point. At #5 they're basically guaranteed a premium OT or WR prospect. I believe they also turned down the Ricky Williams trade from the Saints too? 

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Interesting. I thought Denver would move on from Lock. But perhaps they're not high on any of the QB's after the top 3 selections. I'm sure they have an idea on who the Niners select; according to Steve Wyche, most teams think it'll be Lance or Fields. 

If Watson is cleared, the Panthers are the frontrunner for him IMO. I can def see them parting ways with 3 1st's & multiple starters

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

49ers say they’re not trading Jimmy, Pats reportedly “not pursuing” any longer...

giphy.gif

I've seen multiple reports on the Pats trying to trade for Jimmy, apparently he's their "plan A" this offseason. And i think its from multiple beat writers too, so not one guy pushing a narrative. 

I think they'll come to an agreement before the draft at the latest. What i'll be interested to see is if they extend Jimmy or keep him at his current contract. 

10 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I’ve seen multiple reports on the Pats trying to trade for Jimmy, apparently he's their "plan A" this offseason. And i think its from multiple beat writers too, so not one guy pushing a narrative. 

tenor.gif

Was mostly poking fun at them both clearly lying, granted that whole “Plan A” stuff was old. Was going off this tweet. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Good point. At #5 they're basically guaranteed a premium OT or WR prospect. I believe they also turned down the Ricky Williams trade from the Saints too? 

Interesting. I thought Denver would move on from Lock. But perhaps they're not high on any of the QB's after the top 3 selections. I'm sure they have an idea on who the Niners select; according to Steve Wyche, most teams think it'll be Lance or Fields. 

If Watson is cleared, the Panthers are the frontrunner for him IMO. I can def see them parting ways with 3 1st's & multiple starters

I've seen multiple reports on the Pats trying to trade for Jimmy, apparently he's their "plan A" this offseason. And i think its from multiple beat writers too, so not one guy pushing a narrative. 

I think they'll come to an agreement before the draft at the latest. What i'll be interested to see is if they extend Jimmy or keep him at his current contract. 

If Watson is cleared all local reports indicate that the Broncos would be in.   Not until then, however.   Which is why the rookie scenario is in play - but only if the price is ok.   Which doesn’t seem to be the case.    It’s pretty clear GM Paton isn’t sold on Lock - he just isn’t pressed yet to push all his chips in.   Watson, 2022 Rd1....different story perhaps. 

Edited by Broncofan

22 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

tenor.gif

Was mostly poking fun at them both clearly lying, granted that whole “Plan A” stuff was old. Was going off this tweet. 

It's really the best thing for everyone involved if he stays with the niners through this year 

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If Watson is cleared all local reports indicate that the Broncos would be in.   Not until then, however.   Which is why the rookie scenario is in play - but only if the price is ok.   Which doesn’t seem to be the case.    It’s pretty clear GM Paton isn’t sold on Lock - he just isn’t pressed yet to push all his chips in.   Watson, 2022 Rd1....different story perhaps. 

This trade takes the Niners out of the Watson sweepstakes. Pats will probably end up with Jimmy G. Broncos, Panthers, & Dolphins should be all in on it assuming he's cleared

1 hour ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

They may have tried to, or thought they should wait till draft day but regardless it would be very tough to see the Falcons trading their #4 pick to them, Cincy at #5 has a reputation for not making trades, Miami already moved back up to #6 so you figure they are probably locked in there, so that leaves the Lions at #7

I do believe they would like to trade up for one of the big 4 QBs though. Teddy is a very low end starter

I wouldn't rule out Miami not moving down a few spots from 6.

Lawrence

Wilson

Fields/ Lance

Let's say Atlanta takes Pitts.

Cindy takes Sewell

Miami can take Chase. Or if Carolina or Denver wants the remaining of Fields/Lance, a small move down might work.

Really depends on if Miami wants 1 of Pitts/Chase or are they ok with Smith / Waddle?

I think they would take Pitts/Chase after the move back up to 6, but strange things happen come draft day