Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I figured Carolina would trade on draft day, not today. I knew they'd do it with the Jets regardless though.

Miami takes Pitts if Atlanta goes QB or Chase if Atlanta takes Pitts. Sewell goes to Cincy.

Nah Bengals taking Chase 100%

Just now, Split the Sticks said:

Holy Jupiter, just let him go?? get nothing for him? 

Now *that's* malpractice

Nobody's going to trade for him under his current cap number. Nobody's going to give the Niners the kind of return they're supposedly looking for. Keeping him under his current cap number would be idiot. A restructure and trade is possible, but they're gonna have to lower their expectations. But if they're stubborn about it, they're gonna have a bad time. 

10 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Chase will be our #1, Higgins #2 with Boyd in the slot 

Looks great. If Burrow gets back to form your offense will be lethal.

But Cincy better score 40 points a game if you want to see them win any games. Taking a WR that high is never a good idea.

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

But Cincy better score 40 points a game if you want to see them win any games. Taking a WR that high is never a good idea.

Data will say the same about taking TEs super high, and it’s been pretty shaky for OL as well. Sometimes you just gotta take the elite player regardless of position. I think Sewell has been super overrated, and while I won’t be disappointed if we take him, I think the drop off from him to some of the other tackles that will be there in the 2nd isn’t as high as the drop off from JaMarr Chase to the receivers that will be there in the 2nd. Plus I can’t remember the last time a star college QB and WR were drafted by the same team in the NFL. Would be cool to see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Split the Sticks said:

Ok, @Starless, the cap number. I forgot. You have a good point.

Contracts are nuisances, nothing more in most cases. It's future guaranteed money where it can get squirrely, and Jimmy is completely out of any sort of guarantee.  The niners have no cap problems and could easily eat money by converting to signing bonus 

If they release him, it'll be well after Jun 1 anyway (you're going into TC and preseason with him...the rookie still has to beat him out) unless they get the proper offer. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You saying Larry, Calvin, Julio, Green weren't worth it?

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

You saying Larry, Calvin, Julio, Green weren't worth it?

It depends. Let's assume you have a Franchise QB. Would you rather have Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson (same draft, 1 pick apart), knowing that your offensive line is a disaster and you already have 2 viable receiving options in Higgins and Boyd?

Sometimes it's not a matter of "great pick", but a matter of saying "at what cost?"