Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Falconof Shadows said:

You see the thing is by the time the Falcons can realistically move on from Ryan (2023) Locks contract is over before he gets to prove if he's learned. So that wouldn't work

Thats fine though the Falcons can offer him a bridge contract. Something like 2 year 'prove it' deal

If Darnold was just traded for a 2nd, 4th and 6th. Lock has to be worth at least a 3rd straight up.

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 4/5/2021 at 10:50 AM, Starless said:

They're definitely not gonna keep JG at his current cap number, though. That would be malpractice. 

I still think he ends up being released on June 1. 

I agree with the first part 100%, but I am not sure why we would wait until June 1 to release him. His dead cap is insignificant. I guess if you want to say the rookie will look better and that we will want to move on? We need bodies at that spot though.

I said on a podcast with @Forge back in like November that I thought it was a 0% chance JG was back on the niners for his full salary. In hindsight I wish I would have said like 5% lol but im not going to change my stance now!

We will trade him before we release him. We wanted to sign flacco. To me, that shows that we werent serious about keeping JG with a rookie. 

I think Anthony Miller is a stud that dealt with some duds at QB. He is an elite route runner and has really good hands. He’d be better on a team with a highly accurate QB, rather than in a system that consists of deep shots. I feel like he’d put up monster numbers with a Tom Brady/New England kind of roster/scheme. 

40 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I think Anthony Miller is a stud that dealt with some duds at QB. He is an elite route runner and has really good hands. He’d be better on a team with a highly accurate QB, rather than in a system that consists of deep shots. I feel like he’d put up monster numbers with a Tom Brady/New England kind of roster/scheme. 

I watched him in about 6 games this year and he barely ever got any separation.

• The line and run game were garbage but if you blame the QB for that then go ahead and blame WRs too

Foles and Trubisky have both been to Pro Bowls. One guy is the most accurate passer in playoff history.

• They were 64.7 and 67% QBs even last year on an offense with an iffy line and meh WRs outside of Robinson.
    • Cohen went out for the year in week 2. (he had 150 catches in 2018-19)
    • I don't think Graham knows or cares what a route is anymore.
  • Brees led the league in 2018 at 74.4%. Foles was 2nd at 72.3% (on 195 attempts)
    • Trubisky was down the list at 66.6% which was middle of the pack.
      • That bum Aaron Rodgers was at 62.3%
        • Its almost like team play can influence a QB's performance!

Lets pretend that Miller was Jerry Rice out there and 2 Ryan Leafs could not get him the ball. 

Miller was 7th on the team in yards per target. Did the other 6 guys import their own QBs or did they have Trubisky and Foles too?

I think Miller had 2 huge drops vs New Orleans in an OT loss. Should we blame Nagy or Foles for Miller not being able to catch a football? Foles hits Robinson for a 1st down at the Bears 31 in OT. First and 10 he hits Miller in the hands then Graham in the hands and they both drop the ball. Then he got sacked running for his life with no one open. How does a QB improve his accuracy in that case, put glue on the football?

What people don't seem to understand is that the 2015 Rams were 29/32 on offense because they were a garbage football team. It was not because their QBs were 

• not accurate
  • could not read defenses
  • were not intelligent
  • insert another stupid reason here

People who blamed their 2 QBs (Foles and Keenum) had a hard time explaining the NFCCG in 2017.

The Trubisky and Foles that met in the 2018 playoffs were the same guys in 2020. They just had a crap offense with 1 legit receiving weapon and an iffy O-line.

This does not mean Foles or Trubisky are owed a starting job or even an NFL job at this point.

It also does not mean Anthony Miller is anything more than a J A G.

Edited by SkippyX

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think we can say 99% that Lawrence will be 1 (1% he goes 2)

We can say 90% that Wilson will be 2 (9% he would go 3 if he did not go 2)

At 3 it could be Lance 40%, Fields 40%, or Jones 20%

If you are trading for 4 as Dallas do you go for Kyle Pitts and just put all the guys out there on offense?

• Dak would get the passing yards record if the line kept him alive.

If you are NE are you going for Fields or Lance?

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Wow. Green bay would be stupid to do it, but they weirdly dont like Rodger's.

If Green Bay could get pick 15 and a future conditional pick, I'd do it. Rodgers will be 38 this year. Rip off the band aid and get more talent to build around Love.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

If Green Bay could get pick 15 and a future conditional pick, I'd do it. Rodgers will be 38 this year. Rip off the band aid and get more talent to build around Love.

I think it is closer to two 1sts as his value. 

1 this year and then a late pick next year. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I had a while back that he would make a ton of sense for the niners, but that was in part because he was cheap. Still wouldn't mind kicking the tires for sure

He would well in a place like SF (or really anywhere with a good OC) IF they can maintain his attitude.

He can line up everywhere on the field, has good hands, good range for his size, can run every route, can read DBs, can be a RZ threat.

Talent wise, he has a pretty high ceiling. It's his immaturity and attitude that's a concern and has gotten him into trouble. 

edit; Just to be clear,  now I'm not saying he will ever be a consistent 1200 yard receivers or anything like that, but he can be a very good #2. But that's up to himself though on whether he wants to change and actually learn.

Edited by JAF-N72EX