Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, smetana34 said:

The asking price for Rodgers starts at two 1sts and a second, plus a player. No team will give that much for a 38 year old QB though

Assuming they had the cap...I'd say a team like New Orleans would absolutely make sense. They're already an elite roster with a window and decisions to make...may as well go all in and give up likely 2 late 1sts, a 2nd, and a proven player that would then give them the ability to dump some salary too.

6 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

The asking price for Rodgers starts at two 1sts and a second, plus a player. No team will give that much for a 38 year old QB though

I think teams would absolutely give that up for him.

I highly doubt the Packers would ever consider that though. 

24 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

If this was Dan Snyder 2000s, and we had this defense, you bet your butt there would have been a team that would have done it. 

47 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

How much of a future are teams willing to mortgage for a player who likely only has three or four years left?

37 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Who are the Cowboys looking to move up for? Sewell? Parsons? There is a good chance they have their choice of CB at 10, they just paid Dak, and their receiving group is pretty set.

I figured Sewell

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I figured Sewell

That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Tyron Smith is still under contract (with quite a bit of dead money) through 2024. Are they really gonna give up premium draft capital for a right tackle?

12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

If Green Bay could get pick 15 and a future conditional pick, I'd do it. Rodgers will be 38 this year. Rip off the band aid and get more talent to build around Love.

We saw what Matthew Stafford fetched in return, it's going to cost significantly more for Aaron Rodgers.  It's at least 2 FRPs plus another Day 2 pick AND a young (and cheap) player, probably a defensive player.  A FRP and a conditional future FRP isn't going to be the package for Rodgers.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Who are the Cowboys looking to move up for? Sewell? Parsons? There is a good chance they have their choice of CB at 10, they just paid Dak, and their receiving group is pretty set.

I believe the current rumor is Pitts.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We saw what Matthew Stafford fetched in return, it's going to cost significantly more for Aaron Rodgers.

I understand Rodgers is a better player, but Stafford can play for another 6+ years. Rodgers has 1 or 2 probably. Significant increase in comp does not track. You might start at the Stafford trade and work back IMO

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I understand Rodgers is a better player, but Stafford can play for another 6+ years. Rodgers has 1 or 2 probably. Significant increase in comp does not track. You might start at the Stafford trade and work back IMO

Rodgers was exponentially better than Stafford was last year.  Rodgers was the best QB.  Stafford probably wasn't even top 10.  And Stafford's injury concerns are more significant.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Rodgers was exponentially better than Stafford was last year.  Rodgers was the best QB.  Stafford probably wasn't even top 10.  And Stafford's injury concerns are more significant.

Im seeing a wash at best in trade value even taking into account what you just said. I don't disagree with him being the better QB. If anyone did they'd have to be insane. However, Rodgers is past average retirement age at the position. Only 3 guys have played at a high level beyond the 38 Rodgers will be before the season is out. He could certainly be one of them but either you are taking a risk for 2 years on Rodger's play decline or you are taking a risk for 6+ on Stafford's injury history. Smart man takes more chances, especially with the NFL.