Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Starless said:

That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Tyron Smith is still under contract (with quite a bit of dead money) through 2024. Are they really gonna give up premium draft capital for a right tackle?

*Shrug*

Move Smith to RT?

Unless a team gave up 4 1sts, I really don’t see Rodgers being moved this year. If I’m the Packers, I would have no interest in trading him, even if he requested it. He’s coming off an MVP year and Jordan Love won’t be ready until 2022 imo. If I’m the Packer GM, next off-season I’d definitely listen to offers. But it starts at two 1sts and a 2nd. 

Not a rumour as such but a trade just came into my head that would make a ton of sense post June 1 for cap reasons

Eagles receive: OT Orlando Brown

Ravens receive: OT Lane Johnson (+ probably a draft pick) 

- Brown gets his wish to play LT and a huge extension from the Eagles

- Ravens get their plug and play replacement at RT

- Eagles can move Andre Dillard to RT where he’s more likely to thrive 

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Not a rumour as such but a trade just came into my head that would make a ton of sense post June 1 for cap reasons

Eagles receive: OT Orlando Brown

Ravens receive: OT Lane Johnson (+ probably a draft pick) 

- Brown gets his wish to play LT and a huge extension from the Eagles

- Ravens get their plug and play replacement at RT

- Eagles can move Andre Dillard to RT where he’s more likely to thrive 

This is Ugly on so many levels. Unless a Ravens fan.

Why would the Eagles sign Brown to a Huge contract when both Dillard and Mailata can battle it out for LT? The other be a swing tackle with Driscoll/Prince?

Did you see Dillard fill in for Lane at RT in the past? He sucks.

Why move one of the best RT in the NFL, team leader if replacing his salary with Browns?

Now had you said we trade Lane to the Ravens for a 2021 2nd or 3rd, add a defensive player depending on the pick , take on that salary that is plausible IMO. Then all of the OT on the roster battle it out for L/RT.

49 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This is Ugly on so many levels. Unless a Ravens fan.

Why would the Eagles sign Brown to a Huge contract when both Dillard and Mailata can battle it out for LT? The other be a swing tackle with Driscoll/Prince?

Did you see Dillard fill in for Lane at RT in the past? He sucks.

Why move one of the best RT in the NFL, team leader if replacing his salary with Browns?

Now had you said we trade Lane to the Ravens for a 2021 2nd or 3rd, add a defensive player depending on the pick , take on that salary that is plausible IMO. Then all of the OT on the roster battle it out for L/RT.

When you guys drafted Lane Johnston 4th overall, I thought the idea was to play him at RT until Peters retires then move him over to LT?

7 hours ago, paul-mac said:

When you guys drafted Lane Johnston 4th overall, I thought the idea was to play him at RT until Peters retires then move him over to LT?

It was until they draft Dillard and Mailata showed massive improvement. 

Why move a Top 5 RT in the NFL? This isn't 30 years ago when the vast majority of the Great Pass Rusher all rushed from that side. RT is every bit as important during this Era. There was a list of the DE/LB Lane faced and it was the Who's who of Pass rushers, all coming or moving around over the RT position. 

On 4/8/2021 at 5:30 PM, ET80 said:

Yeah, forgot about him. 

Take Sewell off the board then. 

Sewell is still on the board for us. 

He'd take over at LG (Williams was ok, but not irreplaceable). Tyron hasn't played a full season in a few years, and there was quite a bit of speculation he'd retire/be cut this off-season. I don't see him on the team still in two years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Parsons, when they already have LVE and Jaylon on big deals? It's gotta be Pitts, unless they view Parsons as a pass rusher.

The team has to decide whether or not to pick up LVE's fifth-year option this season. He's had one good, healthy year - so that's no guarantee. Jaylon himself has had one good season, so unless he drastically improves this season, the team would likely look to move on from him as well. 

I don't really like Parsons...was high on him at first, but the more I've looked into him I think we could find just as good if not better talent at LB in the 2nd to 3rd rounds.