Jump to content

Trade Rumors and Discussion


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

The team has to decide whether or not to pick up LVE's fifth-year option this season. He's had one good, healthy year - so that's no guarantee. Jaylon himself has had one good season, so unless he drastically improves this season, the team would likely look to move on from him as well. 

I don't really like Parsons...was high on him at first, but the more I've looked into him I think we could find just as good if not better talent at LB in the 2nd to 3rd rounds

Probably not. I'd take Parsons over Devin White as a prospect. I think he's the best LB prospect since Kuechly (but not as good as Kuechly), character red flags aside.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Probably not. I'd take Parsons over Devin White as a prospect. I think he's the best LB prospect since Kuechly (but not as good as Kuechly), character red flags aside.

I think whoever drafts him in the 1st is going to be severely disappointed. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, D82 said:

I think whoever drafts him in the 1st is going to be severely disappointed. 

I think he's the easy front runner for DROY, regardless of where he goes. Him or Zaven. Maybe JOK in the right system. Parsons is Kyle Van Noy on steroids. I think he's less likely to bust than Surtain/Horn/Farley.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I think he's the easy front runner for DROY, regardless of where he goes. Him or Zaven. Maybe JOK in the right system. Parsons is Kyle Van Noy on steroids. I think he's less likely to bust than Surtain/Horn/Farley.

Surtain is my personal safest player in the 1st Round guy. He's fundamentally sound with great length. I see him, barring injury, as an 8+ year starter in the NFL worst case scenario. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Surtain is my personal safest player in the 1st Round guy. He's fundamentally sound with great length. I see him, barring injury, as an 8+ year starter in the NFL worst case scenario. 

a CB will never be the safest player in a draft. Sewell or Slater are way safer.

Edited by Jeezla
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Probably not. I'd take Parsons over Devin White as a prospect. I think he's the best LB prospect since Kuechly (but not as good as Kuechly), character red flags aside.

Better than Kuechly? I feel like Parson’s best tape isn’t better than Kuechly’s worst. Also, they don’t play the same position. Parsons is a freak athlete that will play WILL, or better yet, SAM. He can’t play ILB. He’s god awful at reading and looks lost in coverage, even though he clearly had upside to be elite there. He’s more like a Jamie Collins kind of LBer. Maddening to watch at times, but makes wow plays based on his abilities. Kuechly was steady as can be, but also made impact plays. Kuechly wrecked everyone in college. Made fools look stupid. Parsons was not an impact player for PSU every week. For every great play he would make, he would look like crap on others.

JOK, albeit not the freak that Parsons is, is a significantly better player with no boo-boo’s. Also you aren’t getting a MIKE linebacker in the 1st, unless you want the sturdy and reliable Nick Bolton. You’re getting three SAM’s (JOK/Parsons/Zaven) and one WILL (Davis).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 8:49 PM, Jeezla said:

Probably not. I'd take Parsons over Devin White as a prospect. I think he's the best LB prospect since Kuechly (but not as good as Kuechly), character red flags aside.

White is/was a better prospect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

JOK, albeit not the freak that Parsons is, is a significantly better player with no boo-boo’s. Also you aren’t getting a MIKE linebacker in the 1st, unless you want the sturdy and reliable Nick Bolton. You’re getting three SAM’s (JOK/Parsons/Zaven) and one WILL (Davis).

No boo-boos?  You can run right at JOK, and you're going to run all over him.  JOK needs to be kept clean or he's going to struggle.  Parsons can play all 3 LB positions, although I think he's better suited to be a WILL or SAM LB. Zaven is a SAM.  JOK is a WILL unless you're in a scheme with a heavy front which you might be able to get away with him at MIKE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 11:54 AM, Jeezla said:

a CB will never be the safest player in a draft. Sewell or Slater are way safer.

There are no safe players. I remember when Aaron curry was thought of as the safest prospect in a decade.  Turns out he was possibly the biggest bust in the draft.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

There are no safe players. I remember when Aaron curry was thought of as the safest prospect in a decade.  Turns out he was possibly the biggest bust in the draft.

There are "safer" players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

There are no safe players. I remember when Aaron curry was thought of as the safest prospect in a decade.  Turns out he was possibly the biggest bust in the draft.

It's the one I always think about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Between KC getting Orlando Brown for what amounts to a pick swap a pick swap and Atlanta eventually getting a first along with additional compensation for Julio, the evidence is rolling in that proves Bill O'Brien is the dumbest human being ever associated with football.

We have banned members on this site that are smarter than BoB.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Between KC getting Orlando Brown for what amounts to a pick swap a pick swap and Atlanta eventually getting a first along with additional compensation for Julio, the evidence is rolling in that proves Bill O'Brien is the dumbest human being ever associated with football.

We have banned members on this site that are smarter than BoB.

So let's hear it, what is Julios value?

A 2nd? Player + 3rd?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...