Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Is it out of the realm that the Vikings make a trade to move Yannick? I know they are going to be cap strapped next year and to pay him the money he wants and with them 1-5 with the chances of making the playoffs would they move him for the same price they gave him up if not a bit more? From my understanding the 5th rd conditional pick 2022 is if he signs long term with Vikings, so if a team was willing to give them back a 2nd rd in 2021 they then in return dont lose their 5th rd pick and they end up collecting a mid round pick with another team would they make the move? I am not expecting it to happen but not sure what viking fans think of moving him or keeping him at this point.

It’s possible. They traded for him to replace Hunter who’s probably not returning this year. If the Vikes could get a second round pick back, I don’t see why they’d not accept a trade. Unless he’s part of the future, the idea of having two young elite edge rushers is appealing but will be costly. I’d rather have Yannick than Barr if we’re comparing costs.

22 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Is it out of the realm that the Vikings make a trade to move Yannick? I know they are going to be cap strapped next year and to pay him the money he wants and with them 1-5 with the chances of making the playoffs would they move him for the same price they gave him up if not a bit more? From my understanding the 5th rd conditional pick 2022 is if he signs long term with Vikings, so if a team was willing to give them back a 2nd rd in 2021 they then in return dont lose their 5th rd pick and they end up collecting a mid round pick with another team would they make the move? I am not expecting it to happen but not sure what viking fans think of moving him or keeping him at this point.

Good call on this.

36 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Any ILBs available from these fire sale teams? I know Avery Williamson is probably available from the Jets. How about anyone else?

I wish the niners would put Kwon up, but I can almost guarantee that won't happen. 

1 minute ago, sryan66611 said:

Whats going on with Kwon  is he seeing the field or is Dre taking over?

He's hurt right now. He's the starter, but he's not long for the team. I'd be a little surprised if he's here next year, but largely depends on when Warner wants his new deal. Given the 49ers money problems, it probably behooves them to move on from him now, save the 6 million or whatever and just let Greenlaw take over full time. Unfortunately, they are nearly completely opposite types. Kwon is an amazing coverage linebacker, can't tackle to save his life...Dre Greenlaw lines you up, and you're just going down. He's got that Bobby Wagner type tackling. But he's clunky in coverage and can get beat. 

• Like 1

Yannick is a likely top 10 pass rusher but definitely top 20. Yannick, Calais, and Judon is a very good pass rush line now.

This move crushes the Steelers (facing Baltimore twice and now they probably need to win 13 to take the division)

• Losing Bush wont help either

I think it helps the Bears as well (face the Vikings 2x) Detroit is the same but they are going nowhere.

KC and Baltimore are very close now. Adding a + OL in a trade for either could be the difference IMO.

Remember that only the 1st seed gets the bye this year.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Rosenthal:

The Jets “probably” couldn’t turn down a second-round pick for Quinnen Williams according to @Connor_J_Hughes, but haven’t had a serious offer. yikes

Gotta say...I'd be all for the Jags tossing them the Vikings 2nd for him.

Our DL is in rough shape and I've liked what I've seen from him. We're going to have to use an early round pick or two on DL as is...Quinnen is likely the best possibility unless we took one at the top (which won't happen).