Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

He's 32 coming off a 9 game season and Matt Ryan's cap hit explodes to 48MIL in 2022. If you draft Pitts and pair him with Ridley, you're still a top 10 offense in PPG. 

With that said, teams no that ATL isn't negotiating from a position of power because if you wait until next season the return for Jones will be even less.

He's probably in the 2nd-3rd range. Maybe add in some late picks or a player of interest. 

Atlanta still has the framework to be a competitive team if they can get lucky with some cheap fa signings and draft the right guys. They dont NEED to blow it up. And the cap is going up significantly in 2021. Under no cirumstance are they going to be forced to trade Jones, your whose baseline of thinking is off. 

All this reporting came from a single nugget, that may or may not be true, which was that the Falcons are open to offers on any expensive player to help with the cap this year. theyve already made moves to get under the cap obvi, and theres still ones left to be had. Maybe Jones gets traded, no one knows, but this seems more like reporters having to fill quotas on their job and if he is traded its very likely for more than a 3rd. Thats just absurd. 

14 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Atlanta still has the framework to be a competitive team if they can get lucky with some cheap fa signings and draft the right guys. They dont NEED to blow it up. And the cap is going up significantly in 2021. Under no cirumstance are they going to be forced to trade Jones, your whose baseline of thinking is off. 

All this reporting came from a single nugget, that may or may not be true, which was that the Falcons are open to offers on any expensive player to help with the cap this year. theyve already made moves to get under the cap obvi, and theres still ones left to be had. Maybe Jones gets traded, no one knows, but this seems more like reporters having to fill quotas on their job and if he is traded its very likely for more than a 3rd. Thats just absurd. 

It's 3 days before the draft, there isn't a shortage of content to be discussed so the quota filling is getting done regardless of this "nugget".

The cap is going up, but not nearly enough to justify Matt Ryan at $48Mil lol that's everyone go to response on financials.

I'm sure people would have scoffed if they said Deandre Hopkins in his prime was getting moved for a broken down RB and a 2nd. Jones is in that 2nd-3rd + player or futures range. After the top 3 WR are off the board there is a huge drop off so teams in the late first, early 2nd will be exploring this option. ATL needs to have a definitive strategy for this franchise and its either go all in or hit the reset button. We'll know more after the 49ers take Ben Askren's little brother.

12 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Actually not, usually bad teams have more money to spend. Usually. What most bad teams don’t have is capable at worst qbs, top tier wrs and generally a top 10ish offense. 

You just defined Houston over the past four years.

22 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

but Houston is a special kind of special. You already know this so Im sorry you made me say it.

And Atlanta isn't special... because?

I vaguely remember both teams winning the same number of Super Bowls, despite Atlanta having nearly a 40 year head start...

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

And Atlanta isn't special... because?

I vaguely remember both teams winning the same number of Super Bowls, despite Atlanta having nearly a 40 year head start...

Im going to try and avoid sending this thread down a rabbit hole, we don’t need to rehash the head scratchers over the last few years. This wasn’t a personal attack, I thought I was stating the obvious. Heck, most of the moves you’ve been very critical of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Im going to try and avoid sending this thread down a rabbit hole, we don’t need to rehash the head scratchers over the last few years. This wasn’t a personal attack, I thought I was stating the obvious. Heck, most of the moves you’ve been very critical of.

I am - but you know the saying of those in glass houses and stones.

Both franchises have underachieved. Fair?