Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

Has anyone else became more of a 49er hater throughout the pre draft news process? Idk if hearing how crackhead George Kittle was better than Kecle for 2 years started my 49ers hate but holy **** I hope these guys draft the next Ryan Leaf with all of the smoke and mirrors they've done pre draft. We get it, you invested heavily in Jimmy G and he is trash so you now morgated your entire future and then some to get the leftovers of Lawrence and Wilson. Just handle your business and make your pick. No need to try and control the narrative it just makes them look above their element IMO.

I just blocked all related terms on twitter and it helped.

Just doesn't really matter. I guess best case for the Eagles is they do take Mac and other teams make moves so all 5 QBs go in the top 11. But beyond that don't see much difference who they take.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

I really want them to spend 3 first round picks on a guy with a noodle arm.

It will be incredible when he is throwing 30 picks as a rookie or just being captain checkoff leading his team to 13 points a game.

The worst defense Mac Jones faces in the NFL will be better than the best defense he faced in college and its not even close. His RB/WR/WR combo in Alabama will never be matched in the NFL for him. His coaching will be worse in SF compared to Alabama.

This is the train wreck we all need to see happen. 

Kyle Shanahan coaches circles around Steve Sarkisian. 

"Atlanta Falcons[edit]

On February 7, 2017, Sarkisian was hired as offensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons, taking over for the recently departed Kyle Shanahan who left to Coach the 49ers. The offense's scoring output, under his guidance, dropped from 33.8 points per game (leading the NFL in 2016) to 22.1 points per game in 2017. In 2018, the offense's scoring improved to 25.9 points per game. On December 31, 2018, he was fired as offensive coordinator."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Here:

I'm just responding to what's told to me.

I'll give you a better take we have sucked because the guy who was the main reason we got to the SB in Shanny left and we ended up having to keep the guy who has never had a good defense once under his leadership for us. 

Don't see how any spirits were broken it's just as simple as the good coach left and the below avg one stayed.   It's the same reason Quinn went 0-5 to begin the year and Morris improved the defense and won some games right after he got the boot with the same roster.  Quinn lucked into getting a HC job based on Pete Carrolls defense and even more so lucked into hiring one of the best offensive minds in football. 

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

I really want them to spend 3 first round picks on a guy with a noodle arm.

It will be incredible when he is throwing 30 picks as a rookie or just being captain checkoff leading his team to 13 points a game.

The worst defense Mac Jones faces in the NFL will be better than the best defense he faced in college and its not even close. His RB/WR/WR combo in Alabama will never be matched in the NFL for him. His coaching will be worse in SF compared to Alabama.

This is the train wreck we all need to see happen. 

Im not so sure on that under Dan Quinn the Falcons defense and total talent might have been worse than the Bulldogs lol.  UGA has some guys that might go round 1 and 2 in the next few years  XD

8 hours ago, Forge said:

He won't throw 30 picks. He will check down a ton though. 

But dude, when you have a shot to go get Matt Schaub with a slightly worse arm or a non ginger Andy dalton, you do everything you can to make it happen

Those analogies are gold

8 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im not so sure on that under Dan Quinn the Falcons defense and total talent might have been worse than the Bulldogs lol.  UGA has some guys that might go round 1 and 2 in the next few years  XD

People should track the top 15 contributors from that Georgia D to see how little NFL impact they have in 5 years. I’m pretty sure Kyle Trask woodshedded them too. The SEC was not special in any way this year.

Anyone acting like they know how a certain QB is going to succeed in the NFL is pretty laughable. You think you're smarter than these GM's drafting players? Realistically it's a crap shoot and you have no clue. Ryen Russilo did a great pod reviewing every QB drafted in the NFL in the last 20 years.. he went thru every one and essentially 50% of 1st round QBs were serviceable to good, while 50% were busts. Flip a coin.

Even though Mac Jones and Josh Allen are different prospects, I'd say to the 49ers fans re Mac Jones, I hated the Josh Allen pick. I wanted Josh Rosen and everyone told me how bad Allen was going to be and how he was going to flame out in 2-3 years. Now look at Josh Rosen/Baker/Darnold vs Josh Allen. 

I'd say trust your front office / Head Coach and let it play out. I get it's not the sexy pick but I'm sure the 49ers have their reasons to go Mac.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Part of me wonders if the 49ers knew who they were taking at #3 right away and the NFL stepped in and was like “hey umm make this process dramatic for us all to help ratings please” which is a little conspiracy theory but also not haha 

You aren't wrong.  The Bengals never "officially" came out and said they were taking Burrow, even though we all knew it.  It allowed the annoying media takes to grab headlines (like, the trade back ones, the Burrow will get ruined ones, the he should pull an Eli ones, etc).

Jax wasn't allowed to just say they are taking Lawrence.  As if anyone following the NFL doesn't already know.  It was actually more fun when the Bengals took Palmer, and whoever drafted second was declared to be ojn the clock prior.  TV money ruins it for some, while creating excitement for others.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Anyone acting like they know how a certain QB is going to succeed in the NFL is pretty laughable. You think you're smarter than these GM's drafting players? Realistically it's a crap shoot and you have no clue. Ryen Russilo did a great pod reviewing every QB drafted in the NFL in the last 20 years.. he went thru every one and essentially 50% of 1st round QBs were serviceable to good, while 50% were busts. Flip a coin.

Even though Mac Jones and Josh Allen are different prospects, I'd say to the 49ers fans re Mac Jones, I hated the Josh Allen pick. I wanted Josh Rosen and everyone told me how bad Allen was going to be and how he was going to flame out in 2-3 years. Now look at Josh Rosen/Baker/Darnold vs Josh Allen. 

I'd say trust your front office / Head Coach and let it play out. I get it's not the sexy pick but I'm sure the 49ers have their reasons to go Mac.

If all we did was sit on our hands and never voiced our opinions on prospects than what would be the point of a sports forum?

I don't think anyone that talks guys up/talks down on players act like it's a certainty that they end up being what they think.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Exactly this.  Everyone will say, yeah take Trey Lance he's similar to Josh Allen, but forget that a lot of people doubted him as a prospect.  And it wasn't until this past season he started to prove people wrong.

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Exactly this.  Everyone will say, yeah take Trey Lance he's similar to Josh Allen, but forget that a lot of people doubted him as a prospect.  And it wasn't until this past season he started to prove people wrong.

Lance is much more similar to Kaepernick than Allen, imo.

2 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

lol why is Baker being mentioned with those two?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DawgX said:

lol why is Baker being mentioned with those two?

Lol my bad he's in another class obviously. I meant it more that Allen and Lamar were the 2 consensus worst QBs from the pre-draft process and now look like the top 2. Not a shot at Baker I was just saying the pre-draft notions on guys are a total crap shoot. 

• Like 1