Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d give a 2nd all day for QW. Almost any 4-3 team who really needs a DT should. 

I wouldn't care if the Ravens gave up a 1st for him. Really don't understand why the Jets are trying to move him as well, if he's not asking for a trade that is. Ascending young DI with All-Pro potential. 

On 10/21/2020 at 2:00 PM, soflbillsfan said:

Is it out of the realm that the Vikings make a trade to move Yannick? I know they are going to be cap strapped next year and to pay him the money he wants and with them 1-5 with the chances of making the playoffs would they move him for the same price they gave him up if not a bit more? From my understanding the 5th rd conditional pick 2022 is if he signs long term with Vikings, so if a team was willing to give them back a 2nd rd in 2021 they then in return dont lose their 5th rd pick and they end up collecting a mid round pick with another team would they make the move? I am not expecting it to happen but not sure what viking fans think of moving him or keeping him at this point.

Your post was the first post I thought of when I woke up to this news of Yannick’s deal going through.

Could you also please suggest that Quinnen Williams and/or Denzel Mims might be traded (to the Ravens) as well, please and thank you! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Yannick is a likely top 10 pass rusher but definitely top 20. Yannick, Calais, and Judon is a very good pass rush line now.

This move crushes the Steelers (facing Baltimore twice and now they probably need to win 13 to take the division)

• Losing Bush wont help either

I think it helps the Bears as well (face the Vikings 2x) Detroit is the same but they are going nowhere.

KC and Baltimore are very close now. Adding a + OL in a trade for either could be the difference IMO.

Remember that only the 1st seed gets the bye this year.

This might sound counterintuitive but I’d rather get the #2 seed this season. After last seasons debacle, I’d rather give this team a shot at the least talented playoff team of the bunch (in theory) to build their “playoff confidence” up. Our history of having a bye week in the playoffs isn’t particularly good. I’d rather they have a home game to settle into playoff football and ramp up from there.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

I wouldn't care if the Ravens gave up a 1st for him. Really don't understand why the Jets are trying to move him as well, if he's not asking for a trade that is. Ascending young DI with All-Pro potential. 

Count me in this action. Though if they only want 2nd round value, I’m down for swapping QW+3rd for our 1st.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Your post was the first post I thought of when I woke up to this news of Yannick’s deal going through.

Could you also please suggest that Quinnen Williams and/or Denzel Mims might be traded (to the Ravens) as well, please and thank you! 

Haha I dont see Mims going anywhere since that was Douglas pick. As for Williams I know they are talking about moving him if a 2nd rd pick was offered. I know you have some interesting characters in the Jets organization but I dont think they would be that dumb to trade a guy like Williams to an AFC contender if they were then I want the bills to jump on him lol. I have a feeling if a NFC team came in and offered that they would let him go in a heart beat. 

Calias and yan on that defense with Judon is going to be nasty and definitely give KC a run for their money if they face off in the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Haha I dont see Mims going anywhere since that was Douglas pick. As for Williams I know they are talking about moving him if a 2nd rd pick was offered. I know you have some interesting characters in the Jets organization but I dont think they would be that dumb to trade a guy like Williams to an AFC contender if they were then I want the bills to jump on him lol. I have a feeling if a NFC team came in and offered that they would let him go in a heart beat. 

Calias and yan on that defense with Judon is going to be nasty and definitely give KC a run for their money if they face off in the playoffs.

Yeah it certainly would be pretty dumb for them to move either but hey crazier things have happened.

That said I’m not sure the Jets would be particularly trade adverse within the Conference. Within division is a serious no-no, but within Confetence deals aren’t infrequent, especially when a team doesn’t compete with said team for a bit. Since we just played the AFCE last season we’ve got at least two more seasons before playing them again, thus unless they Jets are positioned in the 1st/2nd seed within the division it’s unlikely we would play you from a conference spot either. I’m sure the Jets goal has to simply be more about competing within the division vs within the conference. One step at a time. Kind of like how the Jags traded Calais Campbell to the Ravens. I’m sure the biggest factor outside of division competition would be compensation. If all other teams are offering a early to mid 2nd and we offer a late 1st, I’m sure our deal is certainly the most attractive.

But I certainly take your point. Between roughly equal offerings, the NFC would certainly be better positioned for sure.

19 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah it certainly would be pretty dumb for them to move either but hey crazier things have happened.

That said I’m not sure the Jets would be particularly trade adverse within the Conference. Within division is a serious no-no, but within Confetence deals aren’t infrequent, especially when a team doesn’t compete with said team for a bit. Since we just played the AFCE last season we’ve got at least two more seasons before playing them again, thus unless they Jets are positioned in the 1st/2nd seed within the division it’s unlikely we would play you from a conference spot either. I’m sure the Jets goal has to simply be more about competing within the division vs within the conference. One step at a time. Kind of like how the Jags traded Calais Campbell to the Ravens. I’m sure the biggest factor outside of division competition would be compensation. If all other teams are offering a early to mid 2nd and we offer a late 1st, I’m sure our deal is certainly the most attractive.

But I certainly take your point. Between roughly equal offerings, the NFC would certainly be better positioned for sure.

Well the rumor is Jets are willing to part ways with him but are seeking at least a 2nd and no one has currently offered that. I agree if ravens went over the top or any other afc team they may be willing to do so but if they have the opportunity they will send him somewhere that has little to no impact in their future rebuild Calias is kind of different as he is at the tail end of his career and as mentioned you dont know what teams have offered so if ravens were the only ones then you kind of have to make the move. Anything is possible but I do think if they get enough compensation they will move williams. Mims to me is off limits because the current gm is the one who picked him while mac picked quinten williams. so douglas has no ties to williams

I'd trade a second for Q Williams all day long. I know John Lynch was a big fan of his coming out. I highly doubt the niners would make that move just based on their cap situation and their recent investment of Kinlaw in the first round this year, but that would be a nasty interior and with Bosa coming back next year our front four would again easily be the strength of our team again, even with the inevitable exit of Dee Ford. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I'd trade a second for Q Williams all day long. 

Exactly this! Guy is just so talented you have to take a shot. 
If I'm a rebuilding team or even a contender with all my draft picks next year I'd do it no question. 
Too bad a 2nd rounder in 2021 is like to only pick left for the Seahawks (they should have traded it for Ngakoue anyway)

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

What do you mean? I think he's out this week with a hamstring issue. Has there been some tension I'm unaware of? (I mean besides him beating up teammates) 

Think he fought a few coaches as well.

Here's a clip I was able to find of the Saints locker room that day...

HelpfulEntireAntarcticfurseal-max-1mb.gi

Yeah, that's Hitler in the background. He's a Saints scout. Not a good one, either.

• Like 3