Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

17 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

Ertz for Minshew?

If Ertz cleared medically...absolutely. Even if he's lost a step, he'd be a huge upgrade to what the Jags have, and Ertz would really help Lawrence develop. At this point...the development of Lawrence is way more important than anything else. And I say all of that as a huge Minshew fan...and as a guy who really hopes that Minshew stays on the Jags.

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/06/bills-close-to-a-deal-for-zach-ertz-says-eagles-play-by-play-man.html

I've been hearing these rumors all summer but most Eagle fans on other sites are saying their play by play guy of 40 years doesn't typically try to break news and he's pretty plugged in. They think he's saving/covering for his source when saying he has no insider information. We'll see.

Merrill Reese, the Eagles play-by-play man for over 40 years, says a deal is reportedly close. Appearing on The National Football Show, Reese told Dan Sielo that the Bills are reportedly close to a deal for Ertz. 

"The word today is that they are very close to a deal and I don't have any inside information to substantiate this, but the word is that they're close to a deal with Buffalo for Zach Ertz," Reese told Sileo. "I believe you have as much chance of being on this roster as Zach Ertz in a few weeks."

On 6/4/2021 at 11:15 AM, soflbillsfan said:

Is holding on to a player that is deemed available publicly for trade help or hurt the team trading him? Eagles (Ertz) and Falcons (julio) if both teams are destined to trade these guys is holding on to them helping or hurting their draft capital in return? Usually when selling a home your best offer comes from the first bidder, is that likely the same for a player being traded? Outside of counting on an opposing team to have an injury what benefit is it having to hold on to these guys the longer you wait the more likely the value goes down so what would be the reason to hold on to them other then being stubborn thinking value is higher then what the market is offering. These two if teams truly want to move him should have been gone by now.

Teams will always hold because of trades like Sam Bradford lol

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Is Jordan that bad? I know there trying to fix there relationship problems with Rodger's.  I can't imagine extending him is a good for Love who's on a cheap contract for now. 

Not sure.  But I'd be willing to bet that Rodger's positive contribution on the field per AAV is still higher than Love's would be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Is Jordan that bad? I know there trying to fix there relationship problems with Rodger's.  I can't imagine extending him is a good for Love who's on a cheap contract for now. 

I think it's less about Jordan being that bad and moreso Rodgers playing at an MVP level.

As Rodgers said, he sort of threw a wrench in the plan, because the expectation was that last year was supposed to be his last year in GB.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think it's less about Jordan being that bad and moreso Rodgers playing at an MVP level.

As Rodgers said, he sort of threw a wrench in the plan, because the expectation was that last year was supposed to be his last year in GB.

Which is baffling really because its not like Rodgers was playing at a bad, or even average level before last season. 

Rodgers is considered one of the elite QB's in the league, even before last season when as mentioned he won the MVP. Of course Green Bay has to plan and draft their QB of the future but why so willing to move on from a guy who's clearly still playing at a high level and puts your team in contention for the title every season?

Brady's 43 and just won the Superbowl. Obviously Brady puts the absolute effort in to ensure he can still play and to an elite level but what he's showing is that you can still play the game at an age people wouldn't expect, maybe leading others like Rodgers to believe they can also continue to play on if they want to. 

Not saying Rodgers needs to follow the TB12 method or is doing so but you wouldn't accuse his game of slowing down. He was the best player in the league last year as voted.

A bit of a heads up to Aaron about drafting Jordan Love would've helped. Letting him know we've drafted a plan for the future but you're still our guy.  

The idea that Love was getting handed the starters job in year 2 is pure Aaron Rodgers sniffing propaganda.

You absolutely embarrass yourself by parroting it.

If he was the 7th best NFL QB they were going to hand the job to Love?  What a load of crap.

Rodgers is a jerk with a stupid idea who is also a very good NFL QB. Blaming the Packers for his complete lack of leadership and character is kind of hilarious.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

The idea that Love was getting handed the starters job in year 2 is pure Aaron Rodgers sniffing propaganda.

Do you really think the plan was to use a first round pick and let him sit as long as Rodgers was playing at a high level?

FRPs are signed for five years (4+1 if you want to get technical). The plan was to move on from Rodgers - ideally while you had years on that rookie contract. 

Thinking otherwise is absolutely lunacy.

• Like 3