Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

Do you really think the plan was to use a first round pick and let him sit as long as Rodgers was playing at a high level?

FRPs are signed for five years (4+1 if you want to get technical). The plan was to move on from Rodgers - ideally while you had years on that rookie contract. 

Thinking otherwise is absolutely lunacy.

The same organization took an opportunistic shot at Rodgers when they had Favre.

Favre went 4-12 with 20 TDs and 29 picks in 2005 at age 36.

I think this qualifies as NOT MVP LEVEL

Did they hand the job to Rodgers?

Favre then went 8-8 with 18 picks and 18 TDs at age 37.

Did Rodgers play in year 3? 

My opinion is based on reality. How about you?

Edited by SkippyX

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Did they hand the job to Rodgers?

Well, it would have been really impressive if Rodgers got the starting job that year ...after breaking his foot and going on the IR after the first preseason game. Would put Favre's Ironman streak to shame, playing with a pedal fracture in his foot.

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

My opinion is based on reality.

I think we all collectively know your reality is a very strange world, once that's not really attached to anything we typically see.

But, hey - do you, boo.

• Like 3

The definition of making your own reality is being too lazy to Google when Rodgers actually broke his foot and then insist it was when it would best fit your conspiracy theory.

It was in mid-November of 2006, Did they have a November preseason that I missed that year?

Here is the box score: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200611190gnb.htm

Favre started but hurt his elbow. Rodgers came in and also got hurt.

Favre started again the next week because that's what he did.

A broken foot in November of year 2 has nothing to do with QB decisions in year 2 or year 3.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Green Bay's season might be in 

the jeopardy you know GIF by Jeopardy!

I'm curious though.  If he had as much fun as it looked like he had doing Jeopardy, and they want to pay him millions of dollars to do the show, might he think that he might want to get back to a California lifestyle permanently? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Green Bay's season might be in 

the jeopardy you know GIF by Jeopardy!

I'm curious though.  If he had as much fun as it looked like he had doing Jeopardy, and they want to pay him millions of dollars to do the show, might he think that he might want to get back to a California lifestyle permanently? 

Make millions hosting a game show or make millions playing a sport where you can take some brutal hits. He's turning 38 this year and he has more than enough money to retire comfortably, plus he'd be going out as league MVP. There are worse ways to hang them up.

On a side note, I'd prefer Levar Burton as the host of Jeopardy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Rodgers has no shot at Jeopardy.

He now has about half of Packers fans hating him.

His overall likability has dropped dramatically from when he was the 3rd most popular guest host of Jeopardy.

In the long-run, nobody gives a crap about his drama with the Packers outside of Packers fans.

• Like 2