Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

How the heck is Watson still playing football right now? The NFL has crippled careers for a tiny fraction less. 

Position change to FS? I mean, he's technically not playing for anyone right now...

10 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

How the heck is Watson still playing football right now? The NFL has crippled careers for a tiny fraction less. 

Is there an analogous situation from the past where they have, though? The NFL definitely takes a hard line stance at times, but I feel like it's always in response to an arrest and some level of criminal charges. This one is purely a case of civil lawsuits. I can't think of a time the NFL suspended a player for getting sued. Granted, I can't think of anything remotely this high profile in that regard. But I feel like in the instances of people getting accused of less getting heavier punishments have all been instances where it's more formal legal issue with a DA or police department. Players getting arrested, not sued. I imagine that's the difference here.

17 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Is there an analogous situation from the past where they have, though? The NFL definitely takes a hard line stance at times, but I feel like it's always in response to an arrest and some level of criminal charges. This one is purely a case of civil lawsuits. I can't think of a time the NFL suspended a player for getting sued. Granted, I can't think of anything remotely this high profile in that regard. But I feel like in the instances of people getting accused of less getting heavier punishments have all been instances where it's more formal legal issue with a DA or police department. Players getting arrested, not sued. I imagine that's the difference here.

Big Ben got a 6 game suspension and in his case prosecutors didn’t even charge him with anything.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Big Ben got a 6 game suspension and in his case prosecutors didn’t even charge him with anything.

Even that at least involved a police investigation, though, and the suspension didn't drop until everything was concluded. In this case, Houston PD has stayed away, and the trial isn't actually going to take place until 2022, after the season is over. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Legit believe the Steelers should trade for Watson. Clearly they don't care about having an abuser behind center and are experienced in dealing with the bad press it brings. Every other team in the division seemingly has their QBOTF in place. What do they have to lose, besides games? Just say F it and make the move.