Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

After seeing Buckner go for the 13th pick last year, is Brown really on that level value wise?

I'd say that at this stage in his career Buckner was viewed better at his position than Brown is at his (Buckner was coming off an all pro season), but Tackle >>>>>>>> IDL for most people, I think. I don't hate the trade if the Chargers did it because I don't think that their cap is in any sort of trouble right now or anything. They know they have a stud in Herbert and I'd rather just bank knowing what I'm getting. 

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

My thing is Brown who is a good player, probably is worthy of a first. 

BUT, this is a deep OT draft class man. I can see like 5 or 6 tackles going in the first round this year. Some of which project to be better than Brown. If I’m a team picking at the end of the first i’d shoot the Ravens an offer. No telling where that OT run off ends this year

Projected to be better and actually being better is an entirely different thing. Brown is a proven tackle talent in the NFL that carries less risk.

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes he will absolutely be traded unless the value isn't there.

I honestly don't get it. He gets the chance to make multi-millions playing for the same organization his dad played for, the one he grew up loving and being involved in, only to squander that because he's forcing a team to play him at LT instead of RT? And he says it's not about the money, but we all know it is.

Meh. I'm fine with it, and I'm happy he's being honest about his intentions now rather than just hand-waving away the fact that the team and his agent are clearly far apart in contract negotiations and just saying 'I want to be a Raven so we'll figure something out down the line" and then have us get to one year from now either needing to franchise him or lose him for nothing. This is the best time for both sides for this to come out into the open.

With the lowered cap, a proven Pro Bowl caliber player on a rookie contract (if only for one year) is a particularly valuable and rare asset. Unless you're getting Sewell, any team looking to the draft instead of Brown is just drafting a guy hoping he's as good as Brown. But with one year left on his deal we're also not forced to trade him - the 'worst case scenario' really for us here is just getting one more year of an elite tackle while we're gunning for a championship. But at least we have the option of getting ahead of it. 

I think he'll be traded. And a 1st rounder is the bare minimum basically. We're talking about a premium position and a proven stud. He's a franchise building block for whoever gets him. From our perspective, we got a 2nd rounder for Hayden Hurst last year when he was just surplus to requirements. So if a good bid doesn't come in, we'll just keep our stud and run it back. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

3 minutes ago, RayLew52 said:

Projected to be better and actually being better is an entirely different thing. Brown is a proven tackle talent in the NFL that carries less risk.

Two things can be both true. With that said, his value isn’t as high as it possibly could be because of what I stated earlier. I said he is worth a first but you probably wont get a top 15 pick because of this years class. Unless some team loves Brown more than the guys who are projected that high. Which the Colts did trading for Bucker v taking Kinlaw

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd say that at this stage in his career Buckner was viewed better at his position than Brown is at his (Buckner was coming off an all pro season), but Tackle >>>>>>>> IDL for most people, I think. I don't hate the trade if the Chargers did it because I don't think that their cap is in any sort of trouble right now or anything. They know they have a stud in Herbert and I'd rather just bank knowing what I'm getting. 

I don't think it'd be bad, but I'm easily taking Buck over Brown myself. One year of cheap play isn't changing that.

17 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Niners are going to steal Darnold.  

I don't think so. There are situations where I don't hate it, but most situations I don't like it. But I Think the media is more fascinated by the 49ers acquiring a QB than the niners actually are. The media makes it seem like they are frantic and desperate and I think that they are more than okay with just running it back with Jimmy unless they get the perfect situation (low cost, either cheaper / better or similar but healthy maybe)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think so. There are situations where I don't hate it, but most situations I don't like it. But I Think the media is more fascinated by the 49ers acquiring a QB than the niners actually are. The media makes it seem like they are frantic and desperate and I think that they are more than okay with just running it back with Jimmy unless they get the perfect situation (low cost, either cheaper / better or similar but healthy maybe)

I agree with that line of thinking regarding a minor upgrade stop-gap type but I think a young gun with upside is different.  

57 minutes ago, Dalan162 said:

Did Brown play LT when Stanley went down? Was he good ?

Yeah, he was a pro-bowler in 2019 at RT and he played even better at LT this year when Stanley went down. Dude was a wall in pass pro and a road grater in the run game.

3 years in and he’s made 2 pro bowls - one at RT and one at LT.

If the Ravens trade Brown the discussions start at a 1st rounder. If not we’ll just keep him and have a pro bowler at RT for another year. 

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I do wonder if the draft process being completely different this year will make teams more willing to give up draft picks compared to prior years.

I'd love if that were true it seems like my new GM loves squiring picks to throw at the dart board. It may go both ways tbh.

On 2/10/2021 at 5:40 PM, SkippyX said:

Anyone want to explain to him how he asked a stupid question that actually had the answer in my original comment?

Not only is Foles in that 15-25 range,(some would say 20-30 range), he also has 4 playoff wins and a title.

GMs don't want that decent QB who can win if everything else is right, or can get hot for a month.

They want the star.

Go ahead and prove me wrong about Foles.

• You find another QB on a team that averaged less than 50 yards rushing per game over 7 games that had a winning record and good stats.
  • You find me a guy who came back from a collarbone injury in-season to shine.
  • You find me a guy on a bad team that dominated facing 7 playoff teams in 11 starts.
  • You find me another bad QB who has had 3 different displays in the Hall of Fame.

We've already got what Foles did in 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018. 🏆

You won't come up with anything because you have nothing.

I consistently point out reality and people keep countering with their meaningless feelings.

On 2/10/2021 at 5:53 PM, SkippyX said:

This is called the Nick Foles where's Waldo page.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/

Single season passer rating: 4th all-time (the guy ahead of him is named Rodgers)

Career playoff passer rating: 6th all-time (the guy ahead of him was called the baby GoaT last week)

Single season playoff passer rating: 25th

Career playoff completion % 1st (this was cool when Brees did it in the regular season, right?)

Super Bowl career passer rating: 6th

Super Bowl career copletion %: 7th

Career game winning drives in the playoffs: Tied for 13th with 2 (he only played 6 playoff games)

BTW, in another he was in the red zone to take the lead before Jefferey muffed the ball

In the other Saints game he walked off the field for the last time with the lead.

Feel free to make fun of him. 🤣

LOLOL I see I touched a nerve here. 

Just gonna repost this again, in case you missed it

On 2/10/2021 at 5:28 PM, N4L said:

I dont care how many bullet points you add to your power point presentations, you are clearly misguided 

Not to derail the thread, buut...

On 2/10/2021 at 5:28 PM, N4L said:

What a terrible argument. If Mariota was a "fine pro qb" or between the 18th and 21st starter, don't you think he would have gotten a starting job last offseason?

Anyone want to explain to him how he asked a stupid question that actually had the answer in my original comment?

You essentially said that no one wants the 18-21st best starter and therefore Mariota was relegated to being a backup. That is patently false and is grasping at straws while trying to defend this pitiful excuse for a QB take. Look at how many QBs are expected to change teams this offseason and tell me that there arent teams out there who are looking for even moderately marginal upgrades.

Mariota could have been signed by literally any team in the NFL last year, but he was signed as a backup, because there was not a single team in the NFL who wanted to sign him to be their starter. Bears could have done it, Carolina could have done it. The list goes on. Literally every single team in the NFL passed on him

Hell, this discussion was started by someone *cough the raiders cough* floating the idea out there that someone may want to trade for him. That was their way of telling teams to call in. You honestly think that someone out there is going to give up a draft pick for a guy they could have had for free last year? Seems unlikely.

Dude is a fine backup, sure. I would absolutely take him as a backup QB on basically any team. To insinuate that he is this underrated guy, who isnt getting a fair shot because hes not a top 5 QB is an absolutely laughable statement

I also think its laughable that you didnt even bother to defend your mariota comment, other than to try and get other people to agree with you (no one agrees with you), and then fell for the Nick foles bait

Im just gonna quote this again because of how hilarious it is to me

Go ahead and prove me wrong about Foles.

• You find another QB on a team that averaged less than 50 yards rushing per game over 7 games that had a winning record and good stats.
  • You find me a guy who came back from a collarbone injury in-season to shine.
  • You find me a guy on a bad team that dominated facing 7 playoff teams in 11 starts.
  • You find me another bad QB who has had 3 different displays in the Hall of Fame.

Second bullet point is really easy - Tony Romo. The rest isnt even worth responding to lmao

"you find me a guy who didnt get bounced around the league because hes actually not very good"

Not only is Foles in that 15-25 range,(some would say 20-30 range)

And yet, he was benched for friggin Mitchell trubinsky ... twice! Let me let you in on a little secret, there is zero **** ing chance that MT was going to force the 15th best QB to the bench. Foles was traded away by the Jags because they chose Minshew over him and realized it was better to eat the dead money upfront than continue to pay him. They werent tanking, that FO and coaching staff was trying to save their jobs and they thought Minshew would give them a better chance to win L O L

Ive seen you make the dumb comment that Jeff Laurie knows more about hiring HCs than anyone on this forum, and that somehow that means hiring "really smart" Nick Sirianni was a "really smart" move. Yet, here we are with the "15th-25th" best QB who is benched by an inferior QB. I guess we should just trust Nagy on this one, right? Since he is clearly more qualified. Which is it??

Nick Foles was benched by a QB who will undoubtedly get the Mariota treatment this year. A former top 5 draft pick whose rookie deal expires and is forced to take a backup position on another team. Yet, this dude started over your beloved Nick Foles. What a travesty

I consistently point out reality and people keep countering with their meaningless feelings.

This is probably the funniest bit yet. You say that you people counter with meaningless feelings when you in fact, are the one who is overly emotional about the journeyman QB who had two outlier seasons for your team. The irony here is actually too perfect for me to do anything other than just laugh in your face

Nick Foles is just a journeyman who caught lightning in a bottle on a super talented team with an all-star coaching staff. That is the reality

"point out reality" L M A O 

(sorry to derail the thread, carry on) 

• Like 1