Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

Just now, NJC33 said:

As are the Jags. Did I hit a nerve? Never said it was controversial, conversely, I agreed. 

How is anyone throwing shade then? The topic at hand is "what is the most desirable landing spot for a QB who wants to win now".....the Jets don't fit that bill. 

• Like 1

It's interesting how all this information is being floated around as trade options yet an hour ago Cal McNair claiming a lot of misinformation is being thrown around about Watson and he has no interest on moving him. "Deshaun is our quarterback, he is a Texan, and we expect him to remain a Texan, and we'll leave it at that" So Watson's camp seems to be doing whatever they can to make a trade but this organization seems committed to keeping him whether he wants to be there or not for the moment.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

How is what I said in any way throwing shade?

It's the truth. He's a 26 year old QB who's likely trying to win and win now. That's the Jets right now of all teams?

Wasn't directed at you specifically (could've been worded differently).

I've seen a bunch of similar commentary in unrelated threads.. And no, which is why I agreed with SF/Miami.

39 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Meanwhile, McClain said the other day if Watson is traded it'll be the Jets. Could just be trying to conjure up more picks from other teams on behalf of Houston, who knows. I don't think any of it matters. IF the Jets are steadfast on acquiring Watson, no one can beat their offer. The Texans aren't taking significantly less to appease Deshaun, and given everything we've heard, he's not blocking a trade at this point.

Found the problem, boss. 

McClain is a clown, just fyi. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

How is anyone throwing shade then? The topic at hand is "what is the most desirable landing spot for a QB who wants to win now".....the Jets don't fit that bill. 

I use the term lightly. Having read the Jaguars forum the past few months, I'm sure if the roles were reversed here you'd all be selling us on how bright your future is & why Watson could work in Duval. I find the newfound irony funny. Again, never said the Jets fit that bill.

I think it'd be foolish to remove the Jets from the equation. And it's not even like the report said they were a hard no, right? Just, "eh, probably not". We know that Watson at least likes Saleh to some degree, so I'm not sure what happens if Saleh is able to talk to him and convince him to come on board. And players like Saleh. 

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

I use the term lightly. Having read the Jaguars forum the past few months, I'm sure if the roles were reversed here you'd all be selling us on how bright your future is & why Watson could work in Duval. I find the newfound irony funny. Again, never said the Jets fit that bill.

this is a very bizarre strawman you've created lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

So we can't have a discussion in here without the team I follow being brought into the debate/discussion (when they have nothing to do with said topic)? Good to know.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think it'd be foolish to remove the Jets from the equation. And it's not even like the report said they were a hard no, right? Just, "eh, probably not". We know that Watson at least likes Saleh to some degree, so I'm not sure what happens if Saleh is able to talk to him and convince him to come on board. And players like Saleh. 

I don't think anyones "removing the Jets". This is about his preferred destinations/where he'd most like to go.

2 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

In what way? I never once disagreed with anything you've responded with. I never argued the Jets "fit that bill" or weren't objectively bad.  

you have invented a hypothetical Jags fan that exists in an alternate universe who you have assigned characteristics to based on vague "peeping at our forum" and are now criticizing that non-existent person