Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

And they shouldn’t be. Why would Watson want to go there other than him really liking Saleh? Plus Saleh is unproven as a head coach. The Jets don’t have much talent and the organization is such a mess who isn’t to say Saleh will get fired after a year or two if the team isn’t winning.

I don’t want Watson to go to the Niners but fan of the Rams aside the Niners need to go all out for Watson. I can definitely see the Broncos and the Dolphins too as being good destinations for Watson. 

I've come to terms that Deshaun Watson isn't going to be a Texan anymore, and good with it - in fact, I'm great with it, Watson needs to go somewhere where he's going to win and be in the Super Bowl conversation every week.

That isn't NYJ, to be blunt. There's just as much a rebuild needed in NYJ as in Houston, and NYJ will be using a lot of resources (not ALL resources for those who will remind me that NYJ has $65mm in cap space) just to bring Watson in.

Meanwhile, Denver has multiple pieces ready take advantage of and could be poised for a big run with a guy of his calibur right now. Miami was nearly a playoff team with a platoon situation at QB. San Francisco made the SB with Jimmy Garropolo. Carolina was pretty potent with Teddy Bridgewater throwing to DJ Moore (Steve Smith 2.0) and Robbie Anderson, without Christan McCaffrey. Atlanta has a plethora of WRs, including one who is on par with DeAndre Hopkins.

NYJ is what's best for Houston, but not for Watson. And, with a no-trade clause in his contract, what's best for Houston doesn't really matter.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

2-14(2 losses for tank purposes). 

How can YOU tell ME why we were bad?

Because I know enough about football to see a bad team. Outside of Becton, Williams, Mims and Maye... There is barely any sort of talent on this team. Maybe Crowder, but the rest of that roster is very bad.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Because I know enough about football to see a bad team. Outside of Becton, Williams, Mims and Maye... There is barely any sort of talent on this team. Maybe Crowder, but the rest of that roster is very bad.

Completely agree. I remember last year when Jets fans attacked me for calling their team a dysfunctional organization. Well...guess what? They are STILL a dysfunctional organization. It starts at the top. Watson going from the Texans to NYJ would be his worst case scenario. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Completely agree. I remember last year when Jets fans attacked me for calling their team a dysfunctional organization. Well...guess what? They are STILL a dysfunctional organization. It starts at the top. Watson going from the Texans to NYJ would be his worst case scenario. 

Awwww if only we were all as smart as you. 

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

All I said earlier in this thread was that it made sense teams like DEN, MIA, and SF would be higher on his priority list then NYJ due to talent/situation and I was apparently putting the Jets down/badmouthing them?

One of a kind...that's for sure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

He was joking, I think? He has to be. 

The Jets have another decent young player on their DL, I forget his name. Probably have hopes for Davis too at S. But yeah, team’s mostly JAGs, Watson or no Watson that team was pants.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

All I said earlier in this thread was that it made sense teams like DEN, MIA, and SF would be higher on his priority list then NYJ due to talent/situation and I was apparently putting the Jets down/badmouthing them?

One of a kind...that's for sure.

What’s one of a kind?