Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

2-14(2 losses for tank purposes). 

How can YOU tell ME why we were bad?

Please. 😂😂😂

This is hilarious. Also, the '08 Detroit Lions were 0-16 but 16 losses for tank purposes. So technically 0-0

Edited by Emerica
  • Like 5

The Jets were awful last year. There is no arguing otherwise. Very weak roster and a coach who had absolutely no business getting the job in the first place. Darnold was bad, but honestly what QB would thrive in that situation? It wasn’t just Darnold, it was a combination of him, terrible coaching and a bad roster.

BUT if Joe Douglas and Saleh are as good as they are supposed to be, and the plethora of draft capital and money is spent wisely, I think with Watson they could be a playoff team in 2022 (assuming they don’t have to give up more than 3 FRP for him.)

29 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The Jets were awful last year. There is no arguing otherwise. Very weak roster and a coach who had absolutely no business getting the job in the first place. Darnold was bad, but honestly what QB would thrive in that situation? It wasn’t just Darnold, it was a combination of him, terrible coaching and a bad roster.

BUT if Joe Douglas and Saleh are as good as they are supposed to be, and the plethora of draft capital and money is spent wisely, I think with Watson they could be a playoff team in 2022 (assuming they don’t have to give up more than 3 FRP for him.)

I don't think anyones arguing this. If you have a top 5-8 QB, you should be a playoff contending team.

The whole topic was about fit/best situation and the fact Watson wants to be on a contender. You put him in Denver with Sutton/Fant/Jeudy etc., SF with Shanny+that defense, or Miami who was a playoff contender with average/below average QB play and they're all in a much better spot to actually make legit noise. 

34 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

But this is a bit of a paradox - the draft capital and cap space will be used ON Watson. You don't get all three, you get Watson and some cap/draft capital, or you have a lot of cap/draft capital and no Watson.

That assumption you have us a certainty - unless the Texans fire sell Watson for Frank Gore and a 2nd (which, they've done before). It's one or the other.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

But this is a bit of a paradox - the draft capital and cap space will be used ON Watson. You don't get all three, you get Watson and some cap/draft capital, or you have a lot of cap/draft capital and no Watson.

Unless the Texans fire sell Watson for Frank Gore and a 2nd (which, y'know - they've done this before) it's one or the other.

That’s why I said 3 FRP. If that’s the price, there’s still plenty of draft capital to build with.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

That’s why I said 3 FRP. If that’s the price, there’s still plenty of draft capital to build with.

I think 3 FRPs is underestimating the cost - if Matt Stafford is going for two FRPs and a former #1 pick at QB with a moderate resume, then Watson should* go for nearly double that.

(* But you never know with Easterby...)

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think 3 FRPs is underestimating the cost - if Matt Stafford is going for two FRPs and a former #1 pick at QB with a moderate resume, then Watson should* go for nearly double that.

Worth remembering that Goff is a negative in that deal. Stafford himself was worth a 1st and 3rd and then the extra 1st was the price of taking on Goff's contract.

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think it's going to be 3 first round picks + a player or two + maybe a sweetener. *If* he's traded. Fowler said he gets the impression that Nick is really dug in here. 

If it were the niners, I think the offer would be like 3 FRP, Javon Kinlaw, and maybe someone like a Dre Greenlaw or maybe a bonus day two pick somewhere or something. I don't think Bosa is on the table (financially, it's problematic). Where it could be somewhat interesting is with Fred Warner. I could see how he would be included in a deal given he's on the last year of his deal, but you'd have to rework the trade to include someone of that caliber I think. Probably not getting sweeteners, for example.  That being said, there's no way that the niners are going to be the high bidders in any deal. Watson will have to veto the other trades, or Houston will have to refuse to ship him to an afc team. 

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Worth remembering that Goff is a negative in that deal. Stafford himself was worth a 1st and 3rd and then the extra 1st was the price of taking on Goff's contract.

There's nothing that tells me Goff is a negative in that deal. Looking at what the Lions passed up, he's a positive. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

If he was a negative in that deal they would have traded him to Carolina for 8+.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah I don’t know what the cost will be but that’s where I personally would draw the line. If they are interested in #2 OA that SHOULD hold a lot more value than the average FRP. I’m not giving up 3 FRP and adding a player like Williams or Becton. I’d rather take my chances in the draft. Would love to acquire Watson though. Holding out hope he really does want to play for Saleh, but I’ve pretty much moved on from the idea.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Are we sure that Goff was viewed as positive value?