Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

Allen Robinson caught passes from Bears QBs because he most likely went to the highest bidder for money.

The decision maker there was Allen Robinson.

I'd say he should think about taking less to play with a better team or deal with scattershot QB play and more money.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I see no problem with the way Wentz handled his situation. He took the high road and went off the grid. Meanwhile, the media was releasing bad report after bad report slinging hri character and name through the mud. He was concerned about his career he now has a chance to revive it.

Exactly. However TBH Wentz his entire tenure as a Eagle does not watch, read or pay attention to sports media/ TV shows / Twitter,  FB, Instagram. Never has.

So I'm sure whatever was said during his exit interview with Pederson/Howie let his feelings be known. Basically, 🖕 Howie. Which ironically is the same thing Doug said as well. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

49ers with Jimmy G: 22-8

49ers without Jimmy G: 7 - 26.

Bidding starts at Stafford package

The first record is much more telling than the second. The Niners win with Jimmy. 

However, it’s not surprising to see teams have a bad record without their starter. Unless you have an elite team or a good backup (Bridgewater or Hill in NO, Dalton in Dallas, etc), losing your starting QB is a back breaker. 

The point is that Jimmy G gets insults, Darnold is treated like a joke, and Stafford is worshiped like he ever did anything.

Players have to play with their teams and Stafford's teams were much better at times then people credit them.

• That 2014 Lions team had Megatron, Golden Tate, an elite D, and a fairly crappy QB.
    • When they were ready to win, he was the 21st rated passer in the league.
  • In 2011 he lost a tough shootout to Green Bay and New Orleans thrashed him
    • He could not beat Green Bay in the other winnable game and he lost to Atlanta so he got New Orleans again
      • He made his destiny
  • 2016 was a rough playoff matchup of a tough Seattle D in Seattle.
    • He could have played better but he was not going to win that game
  • In 2017 if he beats the Falcons and the Bengals then Caldwell keeps his job.

Or we can just pretend every team that Stafford was on was terrible.

Every team Darnold was on was actually terrible. 

Jimmy G's 2019 team got the bye because he made the plays when needed to win the big games.

• Stafford never does that. So 11-5 is 9-7 and 13-3 is 11-5 and 9-7 is 7-9 and so on.
  • If you put Stafford on the 2019 49ers he loses the Saints game, splits with Arizona, and gets crushed on the road in the divisional round (if he even wins a wildcard game)

Good luck with that, Rams!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I’m slowly becoming a Sam Darnold truther.

i won’t say yet that he’s “good” but he’s nowhere anywhere near as bad as one might think 

I liked Darnold as a prospect but there really isn't any justification for him being an NFL starter at this point. He has barely even shown flashes, it's pretty much just all been bad. 

3 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

I liked Darnold as a prospect but there really isn't any justification for him being an NFL starter at this point. He has barely even shown flashes, it's pretty much just all been bad. 

Man, you are so accurate there.

• Its not like he outplayed Luck and Dak with a worse team.
  • Its not like he had 7 games with a rating above 110.

It must be tough when people hide things on YouTube and Google.

2 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

Yes he has shown flashes. There has been games where he has looked really good. Unfortunately untimely injuries either himself or his supporting cast has then derailed him. When healthy and with all his weapons (which have been bottom of the league level for most his career) he has played well.

Also his o-line has been disastrous for the most part. I truly believe Sam can be a quarterback you can win with. He’s only 23 with three years starter experience. I just think he needs a fresh start away from NY and a amicable divorce from the Jets seems best. This past year was a complete regress. 

Take this into account; 

Baker- Drafted Wills, DVJ, and Chubb.  Signed Conklin, Henry and Hunt. And traded for Odell. Adding that to Landry, Njoku and a solid o-line already.

Allen- Drafted Singletary, Moss, Davis, Knox and Ford. Signed Beasley and Brown. Traded for Diggs. 

Lamar- Drafted Dobbins, Hollywood, Duvernay, Andrews and Brown. Signed Snead. Built a top o-line and already had a good roster to begin with. 

Obviously those three teams have just hit on most of their signings which is a credit to them. The Jets let their 26 year old #1 receiver walk who just had a 95/1100 season with Bridgewater at QB. We drafted guys like Wesco and Edoga who will be forever backups. We signed stop gaps over the o-line and other than Mims haven’t brought him a viable long term weapon in. We’ve had Adam Gase as our HC after his first year with Bowles. We’ve had a new GM. He had Mono. The list goes on. He’s had about every possible worst scenario so I just hope he lands on his feet next year more than likely somewhere away from NY. 

9 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The point is that Jimmy G gets insults, Darnold is treated like a joke, and Stafford is worshiped like he ever did anything.

Players have to play with their teams and Stafford's teams were much better at times then people credit them.

• That 2014 Lions team had Megatron, Golden Tate, an elite D, and a fairly crappy QB.
    • When they were ready to win, he was the 21st rated passer in the league.
  • In 2011 he lost a tough shootout to Green Bay and New Orleans thrashed him
    • He could not beat Green Bay in the other winnable game and he lost to Atlanta so he got New Orleans again
      • He made his destiny
  • 2016 was a rough playoff matchup of a tough Seattle D in Seattle.
    • He could have played better but he was not going to win that game
  • In 2017 if he beats the Falcons and the Bengals then Caldwell keeps his job.

Or we can just pretend every team that Stafford was on was terrible.

Every team Darnold was on was actually terrible. 

Jimmy G's 2019 team got the bye because he made the plays when needed to win the big games.

• Stafford never does that. So 11-5 is 9-7 and 13-3 is 11-5 and 9-7 is 7-9 and so on.
  • If you put Stafford on the 2019 49ers he loses the Saints game, splits with Arizona, and gets crushed on the road in the divisional round (if he even wins a wildcard game)

Good luck with that, Rams!

Jimmy G has only started more than 6 games one time in his career and it was on an extremely talented Niners team.  Of course nobody puts him on the same level as Stafford.  In his one full-year starting he looked solid, but he was mostly just an efficient game-manager.  

Nobody is pretending like every team Stafford was on flat-out sucked.  But when has a Lions team, QB-position aside, ever been as good as the 49ers were in '19?

• Like 2

Darnold is still a mystery. He was terrible this year, missed some open guys and displayed some very questionable decision making, but he also was hurt, had a bottom 5 offensive line and skill players and was being coached by Adam Gase. I don’t think we won a single game he missed the last 2 seasons? I could be wrong though 

it wouldn’t surprise me if he surged next he year on the Jets or elsewhere.