RaidersAreOne

Trade Rumors and Discussion

On 10/16/2020 at 8:40 PM, BayRaider said:

The Jets first mistake is using him in a 3-4 scheme. QW was born to play 4-3 DT like he did at Alabama, arguably having the greatest DT season in college football history. The man simply cannot be blocked one on one. 

He'd seem to be a perfect fit in our system and scheme. Liked him a lot in the draft though a 1st round pick might be a little rich as he hasn't really shone in the Jets team for one reason or another, I'd definitely be looking to offer a 2nd for his potential and haggle from there. 

What to Jets fans think Marcus Maye is worth??

31 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

He'd seem to be a perfect fit in our system and scheme. Liked him a lot in the draft though a 1st round pick might be a little rich as he hasn't really shone in the Jets team for one reason or another, I'd definitely be looking to offer a 2nd for his potential and haggle from there. 

What to Jets fans think Marcus Maye is worth??

The reason I say 1st is because I doubt the Jets would accept a 2nd, 98% not likely in my opinion. Obviously you start with a 2nd... but they will counter offer a 1st in all likelihood.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

The reason I say 1st is because I doubt the Jets would accept a 2nd, 98% not likely in my opinion. Obviously you start with a 2nd... but they will counter offer a 1st in all likelihood.

Yep, they would no doubt want a 1st but he's 2 years into his rookie contract so you have to factor that in and hasn't really broken out yet so I'd be a little reticent to give a straight first. We just drafted a guy in the 3rd and traded him 'as new' for a 4th so maybe his value isn't quite where it was in draft day.

I would like to persue him though, we'd have to compare the impact he would have with who we could likely pick in the (hopefully) late 1st next year.....

• Like 1

Given Steve Keim’s history in the first rd he needs to pull a Lynch/Schneider and start trading them for proven players.  

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Has covid affected the trade deadline?

November 3rd, I believe, so I don't think so

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Has covid affected the trade deadline?

I think it may play a role when NFL Teams actually view the deadline though. Typically week 8 but I could see Week 7 being the week moves are made, with players having to go 5 straight days of negative test results before they can enter the facility, being proactive and trading ahead of the deadline makes more sense then waiting until the deadline.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Forge said:

I always go back to suh , personally. But I don't know if he's excluded

I think you're right. At least going back 15 years.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 9:19 PM, rocky_rams said:

Keenan is def arguably top 5. I have him over guys like Davante Adams and Amari Cooper. He hasn’t had good QB play around him, til now it seems like 

If he was on a team like the packers, he would perennially top 3-5

Adams route running made Ocho Cinco cry bro 

33 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Heard rumblings of us sending Simmons to Dallas.

That's been shot down by several people.

14 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I think it may play a role when NFL Teams actually view the deadline though. Typically week 8 but I could see Week 7 being the week moves are made, with players having to go 5 straight days of negative test results before they can enter the facility, being proactive and trading ahead of the deadline makes more sense then waiting until the deadline.

Interesting, hadn't considered that. 

This is more of a 2021 offseason trade idea. However, I really hope Dallas is stupid and makes Dak Prescott available.

Cleveland would pony up multiple 1sts in a second.

They will probably franchise him again and destroy the cap situation. Dallas will basically be going in with the same team plus the draft class, with no additional flexibility. But that probably isn’t a bad thing if Dak comes off the books or gets to a SB in 21’. Sucks for Dak but it’s business. I don’t think there will be a better QB available even normalizing for salary.