Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I would be absolutely floored if SEA traded Wilson this offseason.

Simple reason - NYJ owns Seattle's first round pick for 2022.  No way you make this a rebuild, and there's no scenario outside of a DAL Dak-sign-and-trade (which Dak has to sign the tag first to allow, which takes away all of his leverage to get an extension).  

If Seattle can't mend fences by next offseason, sure, start looking around.  But I don't see Seattle even sniffing a trade until next offseason.

I don't see him being traded as well, but i don't think they have to go rebuild modus if they'd trade Wilson for Dak or for Carr. Obvious downgrade for the hawks, but if Russel really isnt planning on playing that would be 2 guys to get and not go for rebuild.

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He also fits Gruden's scheme very well. He'd have a good running game, elite TE, a major burner at WR with Ruggs and great possession guy with Renfrow. The O would no doubt be lethal. The D on the other hand.... oooooooof.

Ah just see it as the Raiders would be the Arena football league type of franchise in the NFL, with average score of 52-46 per game.

11 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:
11 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

The Saints are in cap hell. I really don’t see how they can afford Wilson without losing several big pieces

The cap is an illusion. Loomis proves this year after year

These big QB contracts sort of throw a wrench into the schematics, though. Brees will be coming off, so maybe there is a specific way that New Orleans can make this work out, I don't know.

Should be interesting.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At some point, you have to pay the piper so to speak.

Yup. I was literally just arguing with a Saints fan that was claiming they they'll just restructure 6 of their best players with no problems and save 35m in cap space that way.

The Saints have done a great job up to this point. But you can only stay warm for so long if you pee your pants.

54 minutes ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

Yup. I was literally just arguing with a Saints fan that was claiming they they'll just restructure 6 of their best players with no problems and save 35m in cap space that way.

The Saints have done a great job up to this point. But you can only stay warm for so long if you pee your pants.

There is a Saints fan on here who AFAIK still does not believe in the salary cap.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

At some point, you have to pay the piper so to speak.

When you push your financial responsibilities until next year, without penalty, tomorrow doesn’t necessarily need to come. It only works when players are willing to be flexible with restructuring...and that has been the case for the Saints. 

If the Saints had a legit shot at Wilson I’m pretty sure every player on the team would do what it takes to get him in the building. The last time the Saints were in this bad cap hell, they signed Jarius Byrd to the highest paid safety contract ever. It was a horrible mistake but the point remains. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

1 hour ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

They can and it's easy.  Granted as CWood said eventually all of the money that keeps getting pushed back in the accounting is a balloon waiting to burst and force the team to make tough decisions, it's just not this year.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

They can and it's easy.  Granted as CWood said eventually all of the money that keeps getting pushed back in the accounting is a balloon waiting to burst and force the team to make tough decisions, it's just not this year.

That's what I'm saying. I'm sure you can keep compounding the problem and pushing it back, but eventually things are going to bite you. If I were the Saints, I'd try to make some moves in the NOW to fix the problem. I don't see the Saints winning a championship any time soon. They've got some good young pieces. They might as well do a slight rebuild around those guys. It's not like they need to cut everyone. But they could trade some of their older guys that are overpaid and invest in the future.

This team isn't going anywhere without a good QB. They don't have the money or the draft capital to make that happen. Might as well shed some money now, IMO.

Whatever. Done with the subject. I could care less about the Saints.

• Like 1