Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

59 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

don't know why they wouldn't just call about Minshew instead?

Younger, waaaaaaay cheaper, should be available, and threw more touchdowns in 12 games as a rookie than Teddy has in any season in his career.

I've been beating this drum forever. I don't even think that Minshew is that good...but he's clearly an optimal target in this type of situation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaguarfan said:

don't know why they wouldn't just call about Minshew instead?

Younger, waaaaaaay cheaper, should be available, and threw more touchdowns in 12 games as a rookie than Teddy has in any season in his career.

I'd prefer Minshew as well. But i haven't heard anything about that. Jags may want to hold onto him as a backup as well

59 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm sure he'd love Watson, too.

It would make me a Cardinals fan for sure.

Maybe. But he absolutely loves Kyler. And come on. Watson is fantastic, and I get that he's been the face of the Texans, but Kyler is also the greatest high school QB in Texas history. That, plus JJ, plus Nuk, plus Jonathan Joseph, plus Kliff, plus even former Texas guys like Haason Reddick (Temple), Chase Edmonds (Fordham), Josh Jones (Houston), Jordan Hicks (Texas), Christian Kirk (A&M), Eno Benjamin (Arizona State, but he's from Wylie, Texas) and Michael Dogbe (Temple) doesn't sway you? Basically just need Duane Brown and Deshaun, and then Andre Johnson to come out of retirement and then they have the complete set. Oh, and I guess Arian Foster, too.

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

That, plus JJ, plus Nuk, plus Jonathan Joseph, plus Kliff, plus even former Texas guys like Haason Reddick (Temple), Chase Edmonds (Fordham), Josh Jones (Houston), Jordan Hicks (Texas), Christian Kirk (A&M), Eno Benjamin (Arizona State, but he's from Wylie, Texas) and Michael Dogbe (Temple) doesn't sway you? Basically just need Duane Brown and Deshaun, and then Andre Johnson to come out of retirement and then they have the complete set. Oh, and I guess Arian Foster, too.

Go ahead and complete that set, first.Â đŸ˜…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

Dang. We're screwed, then. I feel like it would be more expensive to pry Duane Brown from the Seahawks than to pry Watson from the Texans... Because Seahawks.

Can I interest you in one Laremy Tunsil?

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Can I interest you in one Laremy Tunsil?

Tbh, I feel like the Cardinals are going to sign Nick Martin and cut Mason Cole. As sad as it sounds, Martin would be a massive improvement. Even when it comes to snapping the football.

As far as Tunsil goes, honestly, not sure where he'd play. DJ Humphries has really been awesome at left tackle and can't play on the right side. Can Tunsil play RT? But then again, we just drafted Josh Jones and they have very similar styles. Obviously Tunsil is better, but would the talent difference justify the price tag? I know that Tunsil has experience at LG, but we have Pugh there. Tunsil is undoubtedly better, but Pugh is probably a top-5 LG, so there again, not sure if the level of improvement justifies a ~12 million increase in cap hit. 

I know you were just kidding, though.

• Like 1

Just now, HoboRocket said:

Do you really want Steve Keim to trade you Max Garcia and a 2023 5th for Laremy Tunsil, a 2021 4th, and a 2022 2nd?

Actually... anything that proves the Texans FO as incompetent is good, so yes.

Just now, HoboRocket said:

Do you really want Steve Keim to trade you Max Garcia and a 2023 5th for Laremy Tunsil, a 2021 4th, and a 2022 2nd?

Actually, no. I correct myself, @ET80. Since it's Easterby we're talking about, we'd get Tunsil, a 2021 4th, and a 2022 1st, and you'd get Christian Kirk.

• Like 1