Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

23 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It's not risky if it was Brown alone - I was referring to replacing 3 spots in 1 year is a dicey prop, if the goal is to contend that year.   I get Incognito is coming back, but at age 38, he's showing the effects - that injury last year (first ankle, then foot), is a classic sign of cascade effect.

Long-term, it's absolutely the right move if the guys aren't worth it.  It's just replacing 1-2 spots is very do-able.   If Incognito isn't able to return to his prior form, though, 3 gets hard.  That's all I'm saying.   Given where LV is at with the need to rebuild the D, I get why Gruden/Mayock would make the gamble.  They've got enough equity to take the 2021 risk of a new unit not gelling, if they get right fiscally, and they invest for the long-term.   

It doesn't sound like Brown's return is going to be that high, though.  So it's more about addition by subtraction, which I also get applies here.   Again, if it was just 1-2 spots, sure.  Just that Incognito is far from a given that he's going to return to prior form for 2021, that's all.

It is a gamble with incognito, but Good (if he is resigned) and Simpson should be enough to hold down the fort with him. But we do need to clear cap space to add some impact defensive vets. If we can't do that, this will continue to be a bottom 5 defense. 

9 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

You probably just described what it would look like.  

Oof, that's not good for Houston. They're basically trading away a younger Russell Wilson for real age Russell Wilson.

There's got to be some compensation going to Houston - it's trading a top tier QB at 26 for a top tier QB at 33.

17 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

In fairness to you, because I think this was where you were headed, she appears to be being intellectually dishonest.  Takinng the phone call and hearing out an offer is a far, far cry from "shopping" a player.

18 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Haha would be entertaining but no way does Wilson waive his no trade clause to go there. 

Does Wilson have a no trade clause?

Given his "leanings" - no physical contact with Cierra until they were married - I could see him fit in with Jack Easterby.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given his "leanings" - no physical contact with Cierra until they were married - I could see him fit in with Jack Easterby.

Yea he is one of like 7 or 8 in the league that have a no trade clause. Watson of course being one of them as well. I wouldnt be surprised if Seattle did move Wilson that they would try to get watson and force a ridiculous 3 team deal 

23 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

In fairness to you, because I think this was where you were headed, she appears to be being intellectually dishonest.  Takinng the phone call and hearing out an offer is a far, far cry from "shopping" a player.

Yeah, either she misspoke, misrepresented or was misinterpreted. 

Regardless ; Seattle shopping Russ is wrong.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Haha would be entertaining but no way does Wilson waive his no trade clause to go there. 

After years of being battered in Seattle, he wouldn't want a He-Man like Laremy Tunsil protecting his blind side?

32 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Wilson indeed has a no-trade clause, and his agent confirmed NO, LV, Dallas & Chicago as the 4 places he'd approve a deal to (but wasn't specifically asking to be traded...yet).   This suggests some very specific goals in mind - it really seems like Houston would be way off the radar for Wilson to target.    No sane player wants to go to Houston at this stage if they have choices.

2 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

The action words doing all the work in that statement you made though aren't the ones you think are, though.  The words doing all the work are "we don't hear reports."  The reason we don't hear them isn't because they don't happen, it's because 99% of the time that they do happen, they're non-stories.  If a beat reporter on radio show or even local sports segment teases a lead of "____ talked to the Chiefs about the possibility of acquiring Patrick Mahomes," and then they come back from the break to show that the meat of the story is, "Yeah, they called.  And the bigger story was that Andy Reid laughed so hard that mere idea that he damn near swallowed the drumstick bone from his 10-piece bucket of KFC and choked to death," that reporter loses credibility with the audience.

I've had it from multiple reputable reporters that the Rams receive 4-5 calls asking on the availability of Aaron Donald every offseason; there's a reason those don't get talked about - The chances of them materializing into anything are astronomically low, even given Les Snead's penchant for wheeling and dealing.

Honestly, I suspect that the uncertainty around the cap-ceiling (coupled with legitimate suspicion it isn't going to be as high as hoped) is severely starving the media of any threads to run with - much less leads - on big free agent moves, so they're having to spin the fantastical to try and draw clicks from an audience they know are captive moreso than normal, because a lot of people are still stuck home - even if it is working from home.

As great as Aaron Donald is a defensive tackle is not a  in his prime franchise QB. 

You think a team actually called the chiefs about Mahomes? How come we aren’t hearing reports about teams calling around for Lamar Jackson, or Josh Allen? 

Edited by CP3MVP