RaidersAreOne

For me who stock is down: 

- Ferrell - The friendly Ghost 👻 

- Max - wanted more of an impact against weak Panther oline  

- Littleton- didn’t even notice him out there 

- Harris- need a FS 

- Collins - all that camp hype, and was a ghost 

- Nassib - seemed like an overpriced JaG  out there 

- Brown- I’m not ready to bash him, but dude needs to get it together. One of the most important aspects of OL is being healthy. 

Basically our front 7 needs to play better. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The man is just plain dominant when on the field but he has missed to much time.  He needs to get healthy and stay healthy.  His pay is $14 million next year but with zero dead money he needs to prove it this year.

Just realized we could shave over $100 million of the cap next year with close to zero dead money.  Year 3 really is a make or break year for a lot of players.

Edited by drfrey13

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

The man is just plain dominant when on the field but he has missed to much time.  He needs to get healthy and stay healthy.  His pay is $14 million next year but with zero dead money he needs to prove it this year.

Just realized we could shave over $100 million of the cap next year with close to zero dead money.  Year 3 really is a make or break year for a lot of players.

This is why I'm not worried about the cap.  A lot of players (Joyner, T. Williams, T. Brown) all signed contracts with 2 years guaranteed.  The ones that fail to perform are released and we move on to players that can benefit.  We just keep hitting on players/contracts until every player is playing up to their worth.  If not, release.

Basically all of our FA signings...

- Joyner is awful.

- Trent Brown literally just can’t stay on the field. Love the man on the field though!

- Tyrell is injured a lot as well, and he’s not good enough to justify his injuries like Trent is. I’d say Tyrell is likely gone next year. 

Other players:

- Erik Harris is terrible

- Morrow sucks

- Hurst is massively overrated by Raider fans and shouldn’t be starting. Great rotation guy though. 

Lesser Complaints:

- Crosby needs to be way more consistent. Such a hot and cold motor. 

- Ferrell needs to vastly improve his pass rush ability to prove he’s a long term starter. 

We really need to stop pimping rotational backup as starting caliber players, as a team and a fan base. Optimism is healthy, but not when it's optimistic denial. 

Ferrell isn't getting better. He didn't even show flashes last year. He'll stick, but lets stop pretending he's going to be an elite pass rusher worthy of his draft status. He isn't. 

Anyone who defended Harris can take a seat. We could stick Arden Key at FS and not lose much. Heck, stick Manti Teo's girlfriend back there. Same effect. 

It doesn't matter what Gruden says, Collins, Nassib, Hurst- they're JAGs. A coach is going to do coachspeak. But they've all always been JAGs. 

We can't use Joyner right. Stick him in Harris' spot and find another CB3. Wasn't Johnson supposedly looking good? 

Crosby has shown well before, but...okay maybe he was a day 3 pick for a reason. He flashes, unlike Ferrell, but it's wildly inconsistent. 

Tyrell Williams and Trent Brown bring absolutely nothing to the offense. They aren't available enough. I don't care how well they play this year (when/if they play), they need to be gone next season. 

Morrow sucks. 

Littleton wasn't flashy, but I'm pretty sure he was the only defender to even sniff Bridgewater in the backfield. 

We need to draft LBs. Our 2021 FA and draft classes better be absolutely full of DL and LB. Leave the offense well enough alone barring emergency. But our front 7 has to be addressed. I don't care if it's taking Rosseau and admitting Ferrell is a bust- actually that wouldn't change much on Ferrell's end. 

We need to finally move on from the project players. How long are they gonna get to prove capable? Hurst, Key, etc. And for God's sake stop drafting projects. I'm over that strategy. Want a LB in the 4th, take a LB, not a big S. Want a RB in round 3? Take a RB, not a mobile midget QB. 

That is all. 

Edited by ronjon1990

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Not to mention he had the #1 Pass Protection Week 1, and faced a Bottom 3 Secondary in the NFL...

I’m not gonna start though. He had an ok game, managed it well, and we won. 

WTF are these silly PFF stats? Nonsense is what it looks like to me and very subjective.

Carr managed the offense, down and distance really well, looked after the ball while playing within the confines of the system and his quick release and good decision making played a major part in the OL success of course.

He played exactly as he should with the limited off season, having a 3rd choice right tackle in there and of course, missing Williams and having Ruggs get injured so not overly relying on the rookie Edwards.  If people are going to criticise Carr after that game then I doubt their impartiality or sanity frankly.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

WTF are these silly PFF stats? Nonsense is what it looks like to me and very subjective.

Carr managed the offense, down and distance really well, looked after the ball while playing within the confines of the system and his quick release and good decision making played a major part in the OL success of course.

He played exactly as he should with the limited off season, having a 3rd choice right tackle in there and of course, missing Williams and having Ruggs get injured so not overly relying on the rookie Edwards.  If people are going to criticise Carr after that game then I doubt their impartiality or sanity frankly.

Not really criticizing. He had an ok game not good or bad and did what he needed to do to get the victory. That’s the most important part, winning, and doing your job well enough to win. Which he did do and I commend him for it. 

Although I’d argue anyone calling his performance impressive is the bias and impartial one IMO. 

Edited by BayRaider