The Raider Depreciation Thread 📉

RaidersAreOne

My god, unsure where to put this but you guys are so much better than raiders fans and analysts on youtube/twitter.

I just saw a Sanjit video where he spends more than half the video criticizing Carr, Ruggs, and Jacobs. For the worst reasons too. "Oh boo hoo Ruggs got tackled by the first man". "Jacobs hasn't broken any 80 yard runs but miles sanders did". "Carr needs to do something but i don't know what". 

Apparently the good offensive drives were all considered "garbage time" because the defense hemorrhaged early.

I just want to pull my hair out listening to this "analysis".

He was complaining about how we can't score points against "non divisional opponents" (no idea what that means), conveniently ignoring that this offense is one of the last in the league in offensive possessions and is near top of the league in 3rd down conversions and points per drive. 

Sometimes I truly wonder if I am watching the same game as other people.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Is the bar so low with Raider fans, a slight uptick in performance under Pagano was noteworthy? Keeping in mind the bigger the bigger sin was trading Mack.

Didn't we play against like 4 backup QBs in a row under Pagano? That had more to do with the success during that stretch than anything.

Edited by mct288

Abram has fallen out of grace so fast. The this is basically his rookie season isnt even holding water no more. Fans loved Abram in that first game last year before he got hurt. Than again this year. He brings hard hitting and an attitude. Louis Riddick basically gushed over him for a whole broadcast. 

But other than the occasional splash play he is very bad. He is misused for sure. But from penalties and the knocking himself out. He got some real issues. He is a safety you can't play in a deep zone at all. Rivers saw it. And attacked him as much as possible. One of The worst graded safety on PFF. 

Gus Bradley is no nonsense so is Raheem morris. I hope we hire one of them and they get his hand on straight and basically use him as a linebacker. 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Is the bar so low with Raider fans, a slight uptick in performance under Pagano was noteworthy? Keeping in mind the bigger the bigger sin was trading Mack.

I have been against trading Mack from day 1.  The Pagano point was he did not need an off-season to implement his D and just the ability to play to the strengths of who was on the roster made the defense better.  Go back and watch the games.  It was two different units.  You could say the level of compitition dropped off but a good coach recognizes it and takes advantage of it.  Pagano did, KNJ did not, and Guenther did not.  Given an off-season and FA period to get guys that fit what he wanted to do would have made an even bigger impact.  The Mack trade could have worked out for us if we made good moves and did not settle for less but the lose of Mack is greater than what we ended up with.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Abram has fallen out of grace so fast. The this is basically his rookie season isnt even holding water no more. Fans loved Abram in that first game last year before he got hurt. Than again this year. He brings hard hitting and an attitude. Louis Riddick basically gushed over him for a whole broadcast. 

But other than the occasional splash play he is very bad. He is misused for sure. But from penalties and the knocking himself out. He got some real issues. He is a safety you can't play in a deep zone at all. Rivers saw it. And attacked him as much as possible. One of The worst graded safety on PFF. 

Gus Bradley is no nonsense so is Raheem morris. I hope we hire one of them and they get his hand on straight and basically use him as a linebacker. 

Whomever comes in has to really work with Abram and get him to settle into the position. 

He flashes good closing range and ability. But he's all talk right now. All gas, no breaks. Constantly getting penalties. Injuring himself or teammates playing wreckless. 

I think there is a player there, but he need a ton of coaching. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Whomever comes in has to really work with Abram and get him to settle into the position. 

He flashes good closing range and ability. But he's all talk right now. All gas, no breaks. Constantly getting penalties. Injuring himself or teammates playing wreckless. 

I think there is a player there, but he need a ton of coaching. 

Abram reminds me of a guy I went to high school with.  From his play to his mannerism's.  Things worked out for him but he had to fall flat on his face a couple times to realize he needed to use his brain also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 6:55 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

My god, unsure where to put this but you guys are so much better than raiders fans and analysts on youtube/twitter.

I just saw a Sanjit video where he spends more than half the video criticizing Carr, Ruggs, and Jacobs. For the worst reasons too. "Oh boo hoo Ruggs got tackled by the first man". "Jacobs hasn't broken any 80 yard runs but miles sanders did". "Carr needs to do something but i don't know what". 

Apparently the good offensive drives were all considered "garbage time" because the defense hemorrhaged early.

I just want to pull my hair out listening to this "analysis".

He was complaining about how we can't score points against "non divisional opponents" (no idea what that means), conveniently ignoring that this offense is one of the last in the league in offensive possessions and is near top of the league in 3rd down conversions and points per drive. 

Sometimes I truly wonder if I am watching the same game as other people.

Yeah... spot on.  I like Sanjit because he’s friendly and spends his personal time trying to put out material for the people (he clearly isn’t in it To make money)..... but some of his takes are god awful.

the absolute is chat sports’s Mitch Renz.  I don’t think he’s really a Raiders fan.  He’s incredibly uninformed.  And I’m so tired of him pitching ball hair trimmers and saying really homo things about Chucky Heads...... he’s a drunken overages frat boy whose really not very knowledgeable about footballs basics

....and the worst part is he doesn’t even do the basic background research to accurately talk about basic things

Edited by jimkelly02

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I hate his tweets but that doesn't mean the information he provides is false. 

No It’s not false but why give him abs exposure..... he literally gets excited to talk trash about us every chance he gets.  I think he’s a very sad person.

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah... spot on.  I like Sanjit because he’s friendly and spends his personal time trying to put out material for the people (he clearly isn’t in it To make money)..... but some of his takes are god awful.

the absolute is chat sports’s Mitch Renz.  I don’t think he’s really a Raiders fan.  He’s incredibly uninformed.  And I’m so tired of him pitching ball hair trimmers and saying really homo things about Chucky Heads...... he’s a drunken overages frat boy whose really not very knowledgeable about footballs basics

....and the worst part is he doesn’t even do the basic background research to accurately talk about basic things

My YouTube always trying to send me over to Mitch... I listen to a few of those podcasts in the summer, yeah it’s rough lol....