The Raider Depreciation Thread 📉

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Didn't have a chance to draft him at 19 and I wouldn't have taken him over Ruggs at 12. I thought it was the best corner in the draft by the way

WR was going to be the pick. Coming off of the year prior, it pretty much had to be. 

I would've taken Lamb or Pittman over Ruggs at the time. Actually, I would've taken a lot of WRs over Ruggs at the time, as you know my feelings on him before he broke out. 

But in a vacuum, where it's take Ruggs or a different position at 12, I agree, I wouldn't have taken anyone else at a different position. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

But in a vacuum, where it's take Ruggs or a different position at 12, I agree, I wouldn't have taken anyone else at a different position.

I wish we knew Trent Brown was a lazy bum already and Wirfs would have been the easy pick.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

WR was going to be the pick. Coming off of the year prior, it pretty much had to be. 

I would've taken Lamb or Pittman over Ruggs at the time. Actually, I would've taken a lot of WRs over Ruggs at the time, as you know my feelings on him before he broke out. 

Right. I wanna make it clear I thought they were better receivers the ruggs. I’m one of the few that have Jefferson over ruggs and I like Lamb better but I said back then the ruggs in a different category And Ruggs is the type of player we needed.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:18 AM, oakdb36 said:

I wish we knew Trent Brown was a lazy bum already and Wirfs would have been the easy pick.

I think they knew and ignored it. The red flags were there, he had issues with the 49ers, was traded and NE got the most out of him. He was a buyer beware product they whiffed on.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think they knew and ignored it. The red flags were there, he had issues with the 49ers, was traded and NE got the most out of him. He was a buyer beware product they whiffed on.

Which is incredible because we passed on Orlando Brown Jr due to weight concerns in the third round despite the fact he was a consensus All-American/Best OL in college football then signed Trent who had the same concerns to a huge deal. 

29 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't remember anyone expressing those concerns about Trent Brown after the 2019 season and leading up to the draft we're talking about.

True. I think many hoped he turned a corner in NE. Still wouldn't have committed that kind of money to a player known to be lazy. Nothing good comes of giving a lazy player a ton of money ever. It's sad too, because he could be a top 5 OT in the game if he had any discipline and self respect. 

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

True. I think many hoped he turned a corner in NE. Still wouldn't have committed that kind of money to a player known to be lazy. Nothing good comes of giving a lazy player a ton of money ever. It's sad too, because he could be a top 5 OT in the game if he had any discipline and self respect. 

He already had played a season with the Raiders and he was pretty damn good. Then 2020 happened and it's more of the same in 2021 with NE.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:54 AM, big_palooka said:

Players also always seem to be on their best behavior in New England.