The Raider Depreciation Thread πŸ“‰

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

🎯🎯🎯 how’d he get the job again?

That's the thing though: I'm not ready to do the whole Tom cable can't coach offensiveΒ line thing because a line that consist of a bunch of young players are taking their lumps. I want to see what it looks like at the end of the season or at least after the bye week

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That's the thing though: I'm not ready to do the whole Tom cable can't coach offensiveΒ line thing because a line that consist of a bunch of young players are taking their lumps. I want to see what it looks like at the end of the season or at least after the bye week

You can’t coach that if you’re a nfl vet that’s starting and you’re getting rolled over like that you shouldn’t beΒ startingΒ 

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

i dont blame this on Cable.Β 

i blame this on the coach/gm giving into the OL coach's narrative that "hey this unathletic tackle we drafted, well ignore his game tape, i bet i can coach him up to be a good starting center. and let's give him an extension to boot"

i think cable has done an admirable job since getting here. this OL has been ravaged by injury and i think he's made lemonade with what he has. whether he asked for some lemons is beyond that point. some guys are better coaches than talent evaluators. gruden is definitely among them

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i dont blame this on Cable.Β 

i blame this on the coach/gm giving into the OL coach's narrative that "hey this unathletic tackle we drafted, well ignore his game tape, i bet i can coach him up to be a good starting center. and let's give him an extension to boot"

i think cable has done an admirable job since getting here. this OL has been ravaged by injury and i think he's made lemonade with what he has. whether he asked for some lemons is beyond that point. some guys are better coaches than talent evaluators. gruden is definitely among them

right but we have to figure they would have never done this without cable approval. So I feel like it's one of those things like either you trust cable enough to ride this thing out until the end of the year or you don't trust cable and therefore think that James should be benched. I feel like it's one or the other.Β 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

right but we have to figure they would have never done this without cable approval. So I feel like it's one of those things like either you trust cable enough to ride this thing out until the end of the year or you don't trust cable and therefore think that James should be benched. I feel like it's one or the other.Β 

i trust cable to coach guys up, though. that doesnt mean i'd trust him enough to let Hudson go (for very little immediate cap relief) with the plan being Andre James. i liked the nick martin signing because he's at least competent in pass pro. but then we extended Andre James and there never even appeared to be a battle. the snapping issues are frankly embarrassing.Β 

his lack of play strength and even the snapping issues were evident in that detroit game he started a couple of years ago. i imagined that he must look vastly better in practices than he did in that game... but him being the anointed starter seems like malpractice. reminds me of when the bills went through camp/preseason and ended up starting nathan peterman week 1

Edited by Turnobili