The Raider Depreciation Thread 📉

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not even going past round 1 (because I don't care to revisit the wasted picks on bums via trade lol)

2019:

1.4 Devin White

1.24 Montez Sweat

1.27 Byron Murphy

2020:

1.11 Ceedee Lamb

1.19 Brandon Aiyuk or Johnathan Taylor or DeAndre Swift or a trade back were my preferences. We needed offensive weapons at the time and without Jacobs would've had a need at RB. Maybe Antoine Winfield Jr, given we weren't stuck with Abram? 

2021:

1.23 Christian Darrisaw

I'm sure some people may have a different flavor than these picks, but my God what could have been. I don't remember everyone's preferred picks, but I swear every single person on here had mock ups far better than what we did. 

Here, we have a stud LB, Murphy/Mullen is a solid starting combo that avoids Arnette. Sweat and Crosby allows us to avoid Yannick, who is good but came expensive enough to limit us on options. 

We go the obvious choice and Ceedee, we have a star WR. I wanted to double dip at WR and have Ceedee, Aiyuk (or Pittman), and Renfrow. Or Ceedee, Agholor (at the time), and Renfrow with either Swift or Taylor at RB. Or Winfield on the back end depending on FA. There were options available with the pick either way. 

Darrisaw isn't perfect yet, but he's better than Leatherwood. 

Let's hold the pattern I wanted and look at the offense though:

Carr, Miller, Simpson, James* (I would've done whatever necessary to try and keep Hudson btw), and either Darrisaw and a FA on the other side of the line depending on where Darrisaw wound up year 1, Lamb, Aiyuk/Pittman, Renfrow, Waller, Taylor/Swift. 

That's an offense, not a glorified practice squad. 

Say we went D (not factoring in who we might have focused on via FA, variables denoted by *):

Sweat, DT*, DT*, Crosby, Littleton*, White, Morrow*, Murphy, Hobbs, Mullen, Moehrig, Winfield. That's a shutdown, ball hawking secondary and solid pass rushers without liabilities at LB. Still some potential needs at DT and OLB, depending on how we approach FA, but again, options are there and the pass rush and secondary are totally squared away. 

We would be a faaaaar better team, no doubt, without nearly as many giant ?'s going into 2022. 

I think I posted it in another thread somewhere but this is the consensus from the FF Me v Mayock and Big Board threads and what the forum en masse said they would have done immediately after the drafts (first 3 rounds):

Pick 15 - Derwin James SS

Pick 57 - Isaiah Oliver CB

Pick 65 - Lorenzo Carter DE

Pick 79 - Orlando Brown LT

Pick 87 - Arden Key DE

Pick 4 - Devin White MLB

Pick 24 - Montez Sweat DE

Pick 27 - Greedy Williams CB

Pick 40 - DK Metcalf WR / Dalton Risner OG (tied on votes)

Pick 12 - Ceedee Lamb WR

Pick 19 - Jaylon Johnson CB

Pick 80 - Bryan Edwards WR

Pick 81 - Zach Moss RB / Cameron Dantzler CB (tied on votes)

Pick 100 - Troy Dye LB

Pick 17 - Christian Darrisaw OT

Pick 43 - Trevon Moehrig FS

Pick 79 - Wyatt Davis OG

Pick 80 - Spencer Brown RT

Now, I think the really, really frustrating thing is not that our picks were clearly better but by how much better they were!

I can only speak for myself but I only watch random games of college football (whatever is on ESPN basically), don't follow a specific college team and don't fully know all the rule variations of college football compared to the NFL yet even I can see that a kid like Arnette is not a first rounder in any way, shape of form. We could all see that Leatherwood is not a first round OT, we can see you don't spend a first round pick on a limited box safety, that you shouldn't pick Tanner Muse in the 3rd round, you shouldn't pick a QB/WR with red flags in the 3rd and try and change him to RB in a COVID curtailed off season...............these are not some Nostradamus like predictions, and yet we all knew with certainty they were bad moves.............it would be laughable if it weren't so damn frustrating 🤬.

Just to put it in perspective, even a confused clown like me would have (from first 3 rounds of draft that I can recall):

QB - D Carr (have to be honest and say I wanted JaMarcus too back in the day 🤡)

RB - L Murray, Z Moss, (Latavius Murray was my sleeper in that draft if we still kept him)

WR - DK Metcalf, C Lamb, H Renfrow, B Edwards

TE - Nobody but would have kept Cook, didn't see Waller coming

OT - O Brown, S Brown, T Decker, T Doyle

OG - A Cappa, D Risner, N Muti

OC - No-one but I would have kept Hudson

DE - TJ Watt, M Sweat, J Phillips, C Ferrell

DT - A Donald, L Williams, A Billings, M Hurst, D Nixon, E Vanderdoes

LB - Z Cunningham, T Dye, A Van Ginkel, B Cashman (wouldn't need LBs with that DLine!)

CB - J Johnson, DJ Reed, A Robertson

S - D James, T Moehrig, D Thompson

Lots of holes 😁 but a damn site more Pro Bowlers than our lot have managed to acquire and that's not including FA of course to fill in the gaps. How can pretty much everyone here be better............... It makes no sense?!?!?!?!?!?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think I posted it in another thread somewhere but this is the consensus from the FF Me v Mayock and Big Board threads and what the forum en masse said they would have done immediately after the drafts (first 3 rounds):

Pick 15 - Derwin James SS

Pick 57 - Isaiah Oliver CB

Pick 65 - Lorenzo Carter DE

Pick 79 - Orlando Brown LT

Pick 87 - Arden Key DE

Pick 4 - Devin White MLB

Pick 24 - Montez Sweat DE

Pick 27 - Greedy Williams CB

Pick 40 - DK Metcalf WR / Dalton Risner OG (tied on votes)

Pick 12 - Ceedee Lamb WR

Pick 19 - Jaylon Johnson CB

Pick 80 - Bryan Edwards WR

Pick 81 - Zach Moss RB / Cameron Dantzler CB (tied on votes)

Pick 100 - Troy Dye LB

Pick 17 - Christian Darrisaw OT

Pick 43 - Trevon Moehrig FS

Pick 79 - Wyatt Davis OG

Pick 80 - Spencer Brown RT

Now, I think the really, really frustrating thing is not that our picks were clearly better but by how much better they were!

I can only speak for myself but I only watch random games of college football (whatever is on ESPN basically), don't follow a specific college team and don't fully know all the rule variations of college football compared to the NFL yet even I can see that a kid like Arnette is not a first rounder in any way, shape of form. We could all see that Leatherwood is not a first round OT, we can see you don't spend a first round pick on a limited box safety, that you shouldn't pick Tanner Muse in the 3rd round, you shouldn't pick a QB/WR with red flags in the 3rd and try and change him to RB in a COVID curtailed off season...............these are not some Nostradamus like predictions, and yet we all knew with certainty they were bad moves.............it would be laughable if it weren't so damn frustrating 🤬.

Just to put it in perspective, even a confused clown like me would have (from first 3 rounds of draft that I can recall):

QB - D Carr (have to be honest and say I wanted JaMarcus too back in the day 🤡)

RB - L Murray, Z Moss, (Latavius Murray was my sleeper in that draft if we still kept him)

WR - DK Metcalf, C Lamb, H Renfrow, B Edwards

TE - Nobody but would have kept Cook, didn't see Waller coming

OT - O Brown, S Brown, T Decker, T Doyle

OG - A Cappa, D Risner, N Muti

OC - No-one but I would have kept Hudson

DE - TJ Watt, M Sweat, J Phillips, C Ferrell

DT - A Donald, L Williams, A Billings, M Hurst, D Nixon, E Vanderdoes

LB - Z Cunningham, T Dye, A Van Ginkel, B Cashman (wouldn't need LBs with that DLine!)

CB - J Johnson, DJ Reed, A Robertson

S - D James, T Moehrig, D Thompson

Lots of holes 😁 but a damn site more Pro Bowlers than our lot have managed to acquire and that's not including FA of course to fill in the gaps. How can pretty much everyone here be better............... It makes no sense?!?!?!?!?!?

You know those videos people post, where it lands on a team and they have to pick someone from there to build their team? 

I feel like the Raiders do that with college players lol

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can we stop to appreciate something. The Raiders have 3 former head coaches on staff in Bradley, Cable and Marinelli. There was a leadership void post Gruden and none of these guys could fill it.

That's a good point, they really ought to be able to do better. However, it has been under exceptional circumstances given the Gruden and Ruggs fiasco's so I find it difficult to be too harsh on Bisaccia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can we stop to appreciate something. The Raiders have 3 former head coaches on staff in Bradley, Cable and Marinelli. There was a leadership void post Gruden and none of these guys could fill it.

Bisaccia and his conservative garbage is an embarrassment to this franchise and its history.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

*Enter the Raiders vs world/refs/Goodell/etc conspiracy theorists* 

*LOUD SCREECH*

I'm honestly one of them sometimes.  Just reference the 400 times the referees didn't call holding on whoever was blocking M. Crosby.

14 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Well they picked the only person that had never been a head coach before and a special teams coach to be the interim. 

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

There's a reason those dudes all got fired, lol.

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well they picked the only person that had never been a head coach before and a special teams coach to be the interim. 

Rich made the most sense because he was just going to give Gus total control of the defense and Olson total control of the offense while serving as a macro manager. Rod was 10-38 as a head coach, Gus was 14-48 as a head coach, and Tom Cable was 17-27 as a head coach. There's a reason none of those guys stuck around for very long as head coaches or were ever given a chance to be a head coach again following their failures. If there was one unit on our team that has been consistent the past few years it has been our special teams. 

Rich has been an assistant head coach/special teams coach for multiple NFL teams and high level college programs throughout his career. If you promote Bradley to interim head coach it takes him away from being able to focus solely on the defense. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bisaccia and his conservative garbage is an embarrassment to this franchise and its history.

Yeah it has been disappointing but I personally can't really give Rich too much crap. Our offensive line is terrible and we have very little talent offensively. The defense has done a good job of keeping us in games for the most part and I think he has tried to limit our offensive mistakes to avoid blowing games. Rich never wanted to be a head coach and was thrust into the position under terrible circumstances. 

But I do get annoyed that he doesn't just take chances considering that he's not going to be the head coach going forward. If I were the interim head coach I'd go balls in and just go for it on every fourth down, never kick FG, never punt, and go for 2 every time. lol

• Like 1