The Raider Depreciation Thread 📉

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This is the really frustrating part really. At tackle you can forgive him a few mishaps as everyone knows that's tough plus changing sides but inside he's supposed to look at least competent. That is the major worry for me, highlighted by the consistent penalties too.

Leatherwood is a physically talented kid, mentally though the game just seems too fast for him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This is the really frustrating part really. At tackle you can forgive him a few mishaps as everyone knows that's tough plus changing sides but inside he's supposed to look at least competent. That is the major worry for me, highlighted by the consistent penalties too.

He has slow feet I dont care what his athletic test scores say in a phone booth a semi savi defensive vet can make leatherwoods ankles touch

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He has slow feet I dont care what his athletic test scores say in a phone booth a semi savi defensive vet can make leatherwoods ankles touch

Yes, I think you're right. That is what that OLine coach said about him on the PFF podcast posted a while ago, also reckoned he'd struggle changing sides with the processing and overthink and that seems to have been exactly the case. I took it with a train of salt at the time, hoping he would be wrong with of course but it's t looks like he was spot on. 

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yes, I think you're right. That is what that OLine coach said about him on the PFF podcast posted a while ago, also reckoned he'd struggle changing sides with the processing and overthink and that seems to have been exactly the case. I took it with a train of salt at the time, hoping he would be wrong with of course but it's t looks like he was spot on. 

That is what I said from the beginning.  Its is the same problem Parker has with moving to the right side.  By the time he sets up and tries to anchor he is getting pushed back into Carr.  If it is not natural and fluid in the NFL you already lost.  When Penn was on the right side he would take a couple steps back and dive at the defenders legs.  Only players we have had on the right side that looked natural was Mr. I can not play today Brown and Good who we had to move to LG and has been out all year.  The problem is not the players as much as Cable.  Penn was an all pro LT, Parker looked good at LT when he got a chance, Brown was a problem (Covid), Good played phenomenal at LG but average at RT, and Leatherwood is still a rookie but much more natural on tape at LT.  The biggest problem is a coach that thinks he can just plug and play LTs at RT.

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

People roasted me for saying that before he even took the field. Look at his test scores blah blah naw look at his games. He was arguably the worst olineman on that team the last 2-3 years. Leather Dude so bad he makes Parker look good. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

People roasted me for saying that before he even took the field. Look at his test scores blah blah naw look at his games. He was arguably the worst olineman on that team the last 2-3 years. Leather Dude so bad he makes Parker look good. 

A lot of it is mental. He is big and strong. And he has great length. Which is crazy. He should be way better than this.

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

A lot of it is mental. He is big and strong. And he has great length. Which is crazy. He should be way better than this.

Imo its technique he has poor fundamentals which makes switching positions almost impossible. Poor footwork gets caught leaning too much. Seems like the type to get by with his size and playing next to ballers. He’s getting exposed. For as bad a kolt was rookie year he never got kicked inside. 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imo its technique he has poor fundamentals which makes switching positions almost impossible. Poor footwork gets caught leaning too much. Seems like the type to get by with his size and playing next to ballers. He’s getting exposed. For as bad a kolt was rookie year he never got kicked inside. 

Yeah it was a terribly thought out pick. If he even just becomes good-ish, I'll be happy.

2 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

I'm hoping we can get an actual O-line coach rather than that career failure and maybe they can make him serviceable. I'd take league average until his contract runs out at this point 

I wonder if Harbaugh and Tim Drevno would be up to reunite in Vegas.

• Like 1