The Raider Depreciation Thread 📉

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

if this is true, 

time to stop with the, we spend to much money on O to have a good D.

we waste to much money. 
32 wasted money.

that is our problem. 

then there’s another 19 mil in waller and jones who have been under performing.

every team has bad contracts I’m sure. But 50 mil has got to be close to the league worst

45.5 million to the defense whether 19 million of it is here or not.  Offense is only 54.3 by comparison, here or not.

Only thing this proves is that we can't evaluate talent, specifically on the defensive side of the ball.

Edited by true2form
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

if this is true, 

time to stop with the, we spend to much money on O to have a good D.

we waste to much money. 
32 wasted money.

that is our problem. 

then there’s another 19 mil in waller and jones who have been under performing.

every team has bad contracts I’m sure. But 50 mil has got to be close to the league worst

The Wasted $ is extremely ugly and stupid esp how we’re still paying guys that aren’t here. Another reason why I’m not liking this regime. 

that doesn’t help us now and on that field this season most of the $ is on the offense. literally all the offensive guys on that list are still here minus hr3.

hr3 is still getting $ from us even locked up? Geeezuz double L for us prolly still Paying leatherboy and arnette too 🤦🏽‍♂️Wtf 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, true2form said:

45.5 million to the defense whether 19 million of it is here or not.  Offense is only 54.3 by comparison, here or not.

Only thing this proves is that we can't evaluate talent, specifically on the defensive side of the ball.

This year the true impact is bad contracts from the previous regime on the defensive side of the ball where players are not here.  For players that are currently on the roster it is a 60-40 split.  Next year you see the big divide between spending on offense and defense with almost 2-1 spending.  This number is closer to the asset allocation of perceived talent.  We are still paying Littleton (10), Nassib (5), Drake(4), and Leatherwood (4) next year.  Gruden and Mayock where shortsighted with how they structured and restructured contracts.  M/Z have acted like somebody getting dressed before checking what the weather is like outside.  Both groups have mad bad decisions. Fortunately the current contracts have been structured in a way we can get out of them much easier.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The Wasted $ is extremely ugly and stupid esp how we’re still paying guys that aren’t here. Another reason why I’m not liking this regime. 

that doesn’t help us now and on that field this season most of the $ is on the offense. literally all the offensive guys on that list are still here minus hr3.

hr3 is still getting $ from us even locked up? Geeezuz double L for us prolly still Paying leatherboy and arnette too 🤦🏽‍♂️Wtf 

You don't like this regime because they had to dump all the bad contracts because of terrible drafts and FA signing under Gruden/Mayock? How does that work?

They have 43 million in dead cap in 2022. And another 23.5 million in 2023 having to pay among others: Littleton - 10 mil, Nassib - 5 mil, Drake - 4.4 mil, Leatherwood - 4 mil

Why are some of you so blind to how poorly constructed the roster was durring Gruden 2.0? They missed on 12 out of 13 picks in the top 100 and overpaid for a bunch of FA that didn't pan out. 

This regime has to clean up their books. Then try to improve a roster that was severely lacking talent because of their bad drafts. It will take time. 

• Like 1

Total Cap Liabilities: $197,887,097

• Top 51: $146,319,860
  • Team Cap Space: $9,597,659
  • Offense: $85,913,224
  • Defense: $61,597,469
  • Special: $7,269,445

Total Cap Liabilities: $198,038,130
  • Top 51: $174,459,827
  • Team Cap Space: $36,570,537
  • Offense: $108,375,640
  • Defense: $58,204,187
  • Special: $7,880,000

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Unfortunately players are paid based on what they did, not what they will do. 

I know, i know, just sucks.
Chandler isnt going anywhere based off his 23 numbers either, so just praying he gets it going. Def paid for what he did

Hunter I love, but needs to step up. I think we paid him based off what we expected him to do, and its not happened yet. Still a young player, so not devested at the moment. 

Jones, Kolton and Carr at  those numbers though will be tough, if they dont step up. (and i think jones and kolton are here regardless)

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You don't like this regime because they had to dump all the bad contracts because of terrible drafts and FA signing under Gruden/Mayock? How does that work?

They have 43 million in dead cap in 2022. And another 23.5 million in 2023 having to pay among others: Littleton - 10 mil, Nassib - 5 mil, Drake - 4.4 mil, Leatherwood - 4 mil

Why are some of you so blind to how poorly constructed the roster was durring Gruden 2.0? They missed on 12 out of 13 picks in the top 100 and overpaid for a bunch of FA that didn't pan out. 

This regime has to clean up their books. Then try to improve a roster that was severely lacking talent because of their bad drafts. It will take time. 

Very true.  I do not like this regime for other reasons.  First and foremost is the going all in while trying to clean up the previous mess.  They should have cleared out most of the junk from the previous group, analyzed how current players performed in the system, and then looked to bring in players next year.  We could have added talent through the draft that would be hungry, cheap, and developing.  Only person I throw money at last offseason is Crosby because he has already shown himself to not need others to perform and the chances of him getting lazy after getting paid looked to be very small.  We would have had plenty of money to re-sign player and bring FAs in.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Very true.  I do not like this regime for other reasons.  First and foremost is the going all in while trying to clean up the previous mess.  They should have cleared out most of the junk from the previous group, analyzed how current players performed in the system, and then looked to bring in players next year.  We could have added talent through the draft that would be hungry, cheap, and developing.  Only person I throw money at last offseason is Crosby because he has already shown himself to not need others to perform and the chances of him getting lazy after getting paid looked to be very small.  We would have had plenty of money to re-sign player and bring FAs in.

I honestly do think that was the plan. 
but once, A potential HOF in Adams, basically said he wanted to be traded to the Raiders, the team went for it, and then tried to go all in. 

I had said give me a Defense (going to spell it out this time 😀) all last year, and then forgot everything as I heard we were in the Adams race. It was exciting, and easy to think wow, we were a good O last year and just got a top 3 WR. 

I could be wrong timing wise, but Adams was the first big move right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

-Keeping the ne rb over drake 

-Jones over yannic

etc

stuff like that obviously some stuff wasn’t done on their watch

22 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I don't think anyone was mad at them extending guys like Carr, Waller, Renfrow at the time. It looked like good business for the offense. Adding Adams was a splash move and he's an elite player the offense just has to come together.

Outside Jones, they went with budget FA signings. Jones made sense opposite Crosby, knows the system and brings some leadership but age has caught up to him unfortunately. Allowed them to trade and land Ya-Sin who has been their best corner. 

They also sustained some injuries to guys like Fackrell and Kizer who were poised for big roles on defense. 

The approach on paper looked good. Commit to Carr, add an elite #1. Add leadership and familiarity on defense (Jones, Harmon). Fill in holes cheaply and hope they can be coached up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

-Keeping the ne rb over drake 

-Jones over yannic

etc

stuff like that obviously some stuff wasn’t done on their watch

We were 20th and sacks last year this year we are currently 9th. With more money thrown at the edge rusher & cornerback positions than before. How does that work?