The Raider Depreciation Thread πŸ“‰

RaidersAreOne

On 11/5/2022 at 12:01 AM, bucksavage1 said:

The way his contract is structured, yes we should cut it trade him. We need to use that space to bolster the rosterΒ 
Β 

Carr is not the QB for a coaches/GMs jobs to trust their jobs on by just judging by history of 9 seasons. I think They would rather go with a QB Stidham who’s been in the offense several seasons and a potential superstar QB.

We land a superstar we have a chance to win it all

If they won't trust their jobs to Carr why would they risk them to start Stidham?Β 

44 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Like I mentioned before, because of how the season has gone, the GM is at the very least under question.

His job is definitely safe, Mayock was able to swindle away like $300M in free agency and 8 first round picks before he got axed.Β 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If they won't trust their jobs to Carr why would they risk them to start Stidham?Β 

Can they convince MD that the year is lost and to go into rebuild? Look at the Colts and Panthers. Essentially threw the season away and just want to see what they have and prepare for next. This hedging approach makes no sense. Either rebuild or win. Instead we are doing neither.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Can they convince MD that the year is lost and to go into rebuild? Look at the Colts and Panthers. Essentially threw the season away and just want to see what they have and prepare for next. This hedging approach makes no sense. Either rebuild or win. Instead we are doing neither.

It's difficult to pivot into a full rebuild midseason when we just made a ton of splashy win now moves in the offseason.Β 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's difficult to pivot into a full rebuild midseason when we just made a ton of splashy win now moves in the offseason.Β 

I mean.. sure.. sort of. Transitioning into a rebuild midseason means either firing your coach, selling off players that have value, or benching starters to see what you have before end of season.

Since we are not firing our coach, no one got sold off, when do we start benching players? You have to change something when the season is lost right? What's the point of keeping non performers out there and young guys sitting.

The convo with MD is "Hey we are not going anywhere this season, but we believe in our vision and so we need to start sitting high profile players and use the season as evaluation while knowing our job is safe."

So MD has to give the go ahead to sit Carr, Jones, etc.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

At the same time - will caveat - Stidham is probably not considered a guy you need to evaluate. So coaching staff may think QB isn't something needing to be looked into till the offseason.

However, Stidham was brought in because he knows McD system. If Carr is struggling to pick it up or they think his running of the offense is bad, you can see how true that is with Stidham.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Since we are not firing our coach, no one got sold off, when do we start benching players? You have to change something when the season is lost right? What's the point of keeping non performers out there and young guys sitting.

The convo with MD is "Hey we are not going anywhere this season, but we believe in our vision and so we need to start sitting high profile players and use the season as evaluation while knowing our job is safe."

So MD has to give the go ahead to sit Carr, Jones, etc.Β 

Considering there's so much in the air after this season, I think the counter argument to that is that you ideally want to get as much tape on guys that are starters and potential building blocks going forward so we can properly assess how to keep build the roster going forward.Β 

I'll be shocked if at any point during this season we bench key starters to get film on guys who likely won't even be here after this season.

• Like 1

Just now, #1RAIDER FAN said:

However, Stidham was brought in because he knows McD system. If Carr is struggling to pick it up or they think his running of the offense is bad, you can see how true that is with Stidham.

Even though our season has been disappointing, considering that Carr has struggled with the system, I think getting him as many reps and as much film as possible is important. If we keep him it can and probably will pay dividends next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Even though our season has been disappointing, considering that Carr has struggled with the system, I think getting him as many reps and as much film as possible is important. If we keep him it can and probably will pay dividends next year.

Likely true and I believe this is what they will do. If there was a young, unproven guy behind him, then maybe they consider it. I don't think anyone believes Stidham has a shot at being the future or even possible a short term upgrade.

1 minute ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Likely true and I believe this is what they will do. If there was a young, unproven guy behind him, then maybe they consider it. I don't think anyone believes Stidham has a shot at being the future or even possible a short term upgrade.

Not at all. I just hope at some point, ideally in the near future, we'll get to see Carr with the offense at full strength (ie Adams/Waller/Renfrow/Jacobs). If we want to run it back we need to get everyone on the same page as much as possible.Β 

• Like 1