The Raider Depreciation Thread ๐Ÿ“‰

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

Chandler's pass rush moves still work and he gets pressure. But he has lost his closing speed. I can think of about 8 times he has come within a foot of getting a sack and missed it. Age and Injuries have taken their toll.

15 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah heโ€™s definitely not a bum. Heโ€™s just not a top edge rusher anymore. I think he could have a resurgence next year and heโ€™s under contract anyways.

Our non-existent interior pass rush has also amplified everything for him as well. I'd bet that he would've gotten home a few times this year if we had a disruptive DT pushing the pocket. Why doesn't Koonce ever get a chance to play?

ย 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

So we were 1-4 and the rest of the NFL was 84-9โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜ข

We were one of the best first half teams in the NFL.ย  And by far one of the worst second half teams in the NFL.ย  It's like we would go in the locker room and replace our team with make a wish kids.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We were one of the best first half teams in the NFL.ย  And by far one of the worst second half teams in the NFL.ย  It's like we would go in the locker room and replace our team with make a wish kids.

Yeh, something was up for sure. I donโ€™t think we can place the blame all on one players doorstep, there must have been several key cogs not functioning as well as miscommunication, playcalling, taking foot off the gas. Total team failure.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, something was up for sure. I donโ€™t think we can place the blame all on one players doorstep, there must have been several key cogs not functioning as well as miscommunication, playcalling, taking foot off the gas. Total team failure.

This happened under Gruden as well. Team would blow leads and usually win on a comeback. You can't always win that way. 2021, that worked out. 2022 it didn't.ย 

The one thing I noticed with Gruden and JMD is how conservative Carr would get in the 2nd half. Several games last year, he just stopped targeting Adams in the 2nd half. I honestly think he gets in his head about not turning the ball over and plays small with a lead.ย 

Carr has never been a QB to put the game away throughout his career.ย 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This happened under Gruden as well. Team would blow leads and usually win on a comeback. You can't always win that way. 2021, that worked out. 2022 it didn't.ย 

The one thing I noticed with Gruden and JMD is how conservative Carr would get in the 2nd half. Several games last year, he just stopped targeting Adams in the 2nd half. I honestly think he gets in his head about not turning the ball over and plays small with a lead.ย 

Carr has never been a QB to put the game away throughout his career.ย 

He did it with Cooper too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I agree.ย  Sadly a handful of mistakes from several key individuals caused consistent failure (4 losses after holding double digit leads).ย  No way we can place this all at the foot of one player.ย  I mean what one player on our team is involved in coaching, playing offense, and playing defense?ย  None of them.ย  Completely agree with your post.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

One things for sure: Under this new regime no one's getting over paid(unless they were previously a patriot)

No bloated dead contracts is a good thing.ย  You have to take a chance here and there though.ย  Otherwise you're a turnstile of 1 year contract guys who get replaced with more 1 year contract guys the next year.ย  Oh wait...

• Like 3